Allison, Madeleine, Claire, Katherine or Genevive?

What’s your favorite?
last name is Challey. no idea for middle name.

Most definitley [name]Genevive[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name]) followed by
[name]Claire[/name] and then
[name]Madeleine[/name] (its third because of popularity, or it would have been second :slight_smile: )

[name]Allison[/name]'s my name. The only unfortunate part about it is that it’s one of those names like [name]Hailey[/name] and soon-to-be [name]Madeleine[/name]: No one ever seems to know how to spell it! I’ve gone through a life of everyone constantly asking how to spell my name (and I’m only 14) and when people don’t ask, they spell it the craziest ways. I use the basic spelling of [name]Allison[/name], but everyone always wants to spell it [name]Alison[/name] and [name]Allyson[/name]. The worst: Allusin, Aleysunn and even Elician!

Now, that wouldn’t keep me from reccomending it to you. The constant mispelling isn’t as terrible as I make it sound. It’s just something you’ll have to deal with. Again, this would probably come with [name]Madeleine[/name], too, with all the little Madelines, Madelyns and Maddelins out there.

That being said, I would still say that [name]Allison[/name] and [name]Madeleine[/name] are my favorites, in addition to [name]Claire[/name]. The bonus about [name]Allison[/name] nowadays is that there won’t be quite so many girls with the same name as there have been in my case!

I love [name]Genevive[/name] [name]Claire[/name] or [name]Clair[/name] [name]Genevive[/name] very cute together!! Good [name]Luck[/name] : )

[name]Allison[/name] - [name]Allison[/name] Challey [name]Ally[/name] Challey. Um, no.
[name]Madeleine[/name] - [name]Madeleine[/name] Challey has an ok ring to it. [name]Maddie[/name] Challey is better than [name]Ally[/name] Challey.
[name]Claire[/name] - I like the name but [name]Claire[/name] Challey, didn’t like it all together last time you posted. It gets stuck on the tongue, I feel like saying Chair Clalley, the main reason. It could go but it’s not my favorite combo.
[name]Katherine[/name] - [name]Katherine[/name] Challey seems like the best way to go. [name]Kate[/name] [name]Katie[/name] [name]Kat[/name] Kath, whatever comes up goes with Challey pretty well.
[name]Genevive[/name] - I like [name]Genevieve[/name] Challey almost as much as [name]Katherine[/name]. I prefer it with the vieve, not the vive variation. [name]Gen[/name] ([name]Jen[/name]), [name]Genie[/name] ([name]Jeanie[/name]), [name]Vivi[/name], Veeve, Vevy, whatever comes up goes ok with Challey also.

You didn’t say anything about nicknames or if you will call the full name out, but I supposed at some point along the way, someone would shorten her name, she might even do it. I don’t see a bad spot in the last two. I would rank my favorites [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Katherine[/name], [name]Madeleine[/name], and not consider [name]Claire[/name] or [name]Allison[/name] as a match, unless you really love [name]Claire[/name]. [name]Allison[/name] and other names that sort of rhyme ([name]Polly[/name] [name]Molly[/name] [name]Hailey[/name], anything with a lee, ly, ley, or leigh on the end) or with prominent nicknames that rhyme with Challey should probably move off of the list.

This is the new name list, with imput from my husband. My husband ([name]Charles[/name]) gave up all naming rights in exchange for the right to name the first born son [name]John[/name] [name]Charles[/name] Challey (family name). He also didn’t believe the u/s tech when she said she was “pretty sure” she saw girly bits on the baby. Well, now we have gender confirmation that the baby is really a girl, so I got him to talk about what names he liked.
(my original list was Magdelena, [name]Claire[/name], [name]Zoe[/name], [name]Grace[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Penelope[/name])

My name is [name]Windy[/name] and I have to spell my name all the time. People always spell it [name]Wendy[/name] or [name]Wendi[/name] or Wyndi or something. I survived. I hated not finding my name on tourist crap. :wink:

Our last name is a real problem. It rhymes with all the -ee sound end names (including my own name). Names that don’t have this problem, nn to an -ee sound. So limiting! grrr!

As for this new list:

[name]Allison[/name] would nn to [name]Alice[/name]. I, too, hate [name]Ally[/name] Challey, and I know I can’t control the nn she might get in school.

[name]Madeleine[/name]-I’ve always liked this name, it sounds so sweet. This spelling is the french version that [name]Madeleine[/name] Albright uses. [name]Maddy[/name] is just ok for a nn. [name]Lena[/name] might work. I’d like to call her [name]Maggie[/name], but the spelling doesn’t really lend itself to this. This name hasn’t gotten above #56, but I guess its higher w/all the spelling variations. its easily confused w/ top 10 [name]Madison[/name].

[name]Claire[/name]- nn [name]Clara[/name]-doesn’t rhyme with LN and doesn’t nn. It does sound abrupt. I think the name is prety and sophisticated. Good for a college application (unlike [name]Windy[/name], lol)

[name]Genevive[/name]- its cute, I like both ways to pronounce it. She would be [name]Ginny[/name] (like in [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name]). I didn’t think of [name]Viv[/name], thats an option too. I’d like a [name]Jenny[/name], but there are too many Jennifers out there (but I bet none are currently babies!)

[name]Katherine[/name]- husband likes this name. I’m meh. Doesn’t rhyme, is long enough, and has lots of nn choices, which is nice. I HATE [name]Cathy[/name], and I’m ambivalant about [name]Kate[/name].

We like [name]Abigail[/name] ([name]Abby[/name]) but its top 10 right now.

Maybe I can just call her [name]Margret[/name] for all the nn possibilities.

Maybe I should just give the girl MY maiden name ([name]St[/name]. [name]George[/name])! Is that weird?

“Girly bits…” I’m still laughing… :slight_smile:

[name]Allison[/name]: I pesonally wouldn’t use [name]Allison[/name] with Challey, because in addtion to the trendy and spelling issues, the [name]Al[/name] Chal parts sound really rhymey to me. (Same with [name]Alice[/name]…)

[name]Madeleine[/name]: For the reasons you listed, I’d personally go with another name…

[name]Claire[/name]: I agree that it sounds pretty blunt with Challey. What about [name]Clara[/name]?

[name]Genevive[/name]: I definitely pick [name]Genevieve[/name] from your list. ([name]Eve[/name] names are another nickname potential, too.)

[name]Katherine[/name]: From what you wrote, it doesn’t sound like this is the name for you…

[name]Margaret[/name]: I think [name]Margaret[/name] Challey is a wonderful idea which, like you said, is filled with nickname potential.

Maybe I should just give the girl MY maiden name ([name]St[/name]. [name]George[/name])! Is that weird: I personally wouldn’t name a little girl [name]St[/name]. [name]George[/name], but I think it would be neat in the middle.

What about [name]Georgia[/name] or [name]Georgiana[/name] to honor you maiden name?

Some more that work with Challey to my ear:

[name]Amelia[/name] Challey (nn [name]Mia[/name])
[name]Cordelia[/name] Challey (nn [name]Cora[/name])
[name]Celia[/name] Challey
[name]Clara[/name] Challey
[name]Diana[/name] Challey
[name]Eva[/name] Challey
[name]Eleanor[/name] Challey
[name]Eliza[/name] Challey
[name]Fiona[/name] Challey
[name]Georgiana[/name] Challey
[name]Juliet[/name] Challey
[name]Josephine[/name] Challey
[name]Louisa[/name] Challey
[name]Lydia[/name] Challey