Alliteration?

Hello namers (:
I was just wondering whether or not you like alliteration in names, e.g. [name]Rose[/name] [name]Ramos[/name] (first and last) or [name]Julie[/name] [name]Jean[/name] Mendoza (first and middle) or all three, like J. [name]Jonah[/name] [name]Jameson[/name] from Spiderman! (: Personally I happen to think it sounds catchy and cool. I love my friend’s name which is alliterative. Although if the names are long I think it begins to sound ridiculous. What are your thoughts?
Thank you and happy holidays! (:

Also, do you have favorite alliterative names?

I accidentally first posted this in Girl Names but then I realized it should probably go here instead, so sorry for the redundant posting.

Sometimes. I really depends on the names. I wouldn’t care for [name]Gideon[/name] [name]Gilbert[/name], but I would like [name]Grant[/name] [name]Gilbert[/name].

I don’t like all three alliterative ([name]Sofia[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Smith[/name]), though I can tolerate it. I do like alliteration in two of the three- [name]Julia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Thompson[/name], [name]Julia[/name] [name]Tess[/name] [name]Thompson[/name], [name]Tess[/name] [name]Julia[/name] [name]Thompson[/name], etc. I think you have to pay careful attention to rhythm, however, when using alliteration. It works best when there’s a long name and a short name, i.e. [name]Julia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] sounds much better to me than [name]Julie[/name] [name]Jane[/name], and [name]Sofia[/name] [name]Sarai[/name] sounds better than [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Sarah[/name]. It also works in reverse- [name]Claire[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] sounds great, [name]Clara[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], not so much.
With last name alliteration, I think you have to be careful if the last name is a noun. [name]Peter[/name] [name]Powers[/name] or [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Saint[/name] sound a bit caricature-ish to me. I have no problem, however, with [name]Ava[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Saint[/name] or [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Powers[/name]. So I guess what I’m saying is I love alliteration, but only when it’s done well.

Wow, makes sense. Thanks for the great thoughts.

I’m not a fan, personally.

It can be cute on other people/characters, but it’s something I’d never choose for myself or my children.

I love alliteration! It has a movie star vibe to me.

I love alliteration! It has a movie star vibe to me.

I love alliteration, especially when it gives that slightly-comic-book-superhero vibe (well, how that sort of name works in my head, because I’m not actually a big comic book reader, so I wouldn’t know!) - names like [name]January[/name] ____ [name]Jones[/name] or [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Jane[/name] _____. All three being alliterative is a little too much, though, in my opinion.

[name]Auburn[/name]