Aloe

I love the sound of Aloe for a girl. I’d love opinions… Thank you!!

I think it would be fine as a nickname for Alodia or [name]Aloisa[/name], but on it’s own it’s very associated with the lotion, at least to me.

I agree it’s a cute nickname or maybe even middle name but it really makes me think of the lotion. Sorry

I saw a name today that stuck with me: [name]Alouette[/name] - (French Origin). I love this!! :slight_smile:
Also, [name]Alouetta[/name].

Aloe as a nickname is quite cute, but as a full name I just think of aloe vera sorry. Come to think of it, I love [name]Vera[/name] as a name. :stuck_out_tongue:

Aloe as a full name isn’t any worse than [name]Lily[/name] or [name]Rose[/name]. The Aloe [name]Vera[/name] plant is not a bad plant to associated with, it’s a nice plant. And it does sound nice.

I love it!!
Had never thought about this one before but there is just something about it I instantly fell in love with! I can see why you like it.
I think it would make a lovely first name e.g. Aloe [name]Elisabeth[/name], Aloe [name]Amelia[/name], Aloe [name]Evangeline[/name]. Or a great middle name e.g. [name]Katherine[/name] Aloe, [name]Isabelle[/name] Aloe, [name]Olivia[/name] Aloe…
I agree with countrylizb, it is not much different to [name]Lily[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Olive[/name] etc…
And I bet you it catches on… In 10 years time every other little girls middle name will be Aloe!

[name]Just[/name] wondering–are you pn this al-low or al-low-ee? I know the lotion is the first one but in the science world the correct pn is the second, so just curious which one caught your ear?

I can only think of the aloe vera plant with its spiky leaves… I don’t like it for a child, sorry!

Thanks everyone for their comments. I say it like the plant. I haven’t gotten any positive feedback before this site so it’s nice to know I’m not alone. I’ve definitely heard the sunburn, lotion response often as it is the most natural association.

All I can think of is aloe vera. I don’t really like it for a child. Someone else suggested the name [name]Alouette[/name] this might be a nice alternative for you.

I immediately thought of Aloe [name]Vera[/name], but if that association doesn’t bother you and you still love the name I don’t really see anything wrong with it, and it does have a lovely sound.

I can see the appeal, despite the plant references. For me however, it’s too much like the French “hello” (“hallo”, silent “h”).