Alouette

What do you think of the name [name]Alouette[/name]? What do you think of the combo [name]Alouette[/name] [name]Carmen[/name]? [name]Do[/name] you have any other middle name suggestions?

I will definitely always think of the French song… “alouette, gentille alouette…” (unfortunately the song is about plucking the feathers off of a skylark…)

It’s a pretty sounding word-name though. (Are you pronouncing it all-oo-ette or all-oo-ette-ah?)
[name]Carmen[/name] would not be my choice of middle name with this particular name.

[name]Alouette[/name] is cute! Not crazy about [name]Alouette[/name] [name]Carmen[/name], however, though I do love the name [name]Carmen[/name]. Perhaps a short, sweet one-syllable would work, or something a tad longer than [name]Carmen[/name]. Also, like dove14, I wonder how you are pronouncing it— all-oo-ette-ah (like the song) or all-oo-ette?

I do like [name]Alouette[/name] but U’m sorry to say that is is the name of a cheese spread brand. So whenever I would think of that name I would think of cheese sorry!

I prefer [name]Aloisa[/name] or [name]Eloise[/name], just I personally don’t like the diminutive -ette. I know they are different origins, but -ette names tend to sound to me very petite and like something you expect to stay small, like a baby, especially a girl baby. I did not know the song that’s familiar to me was about plucking feathers off a bird. :frowning: Mostly heard of it from the cartoon “[name]Tom[/name] and [name]Jerry[/name].”

Aside from all that, that’s just me. I have seen people prefer or be attracted to names especially with the -ette ending, so far, it just sounds like a pretty name. I don’t take the imagery too hard, or even that song… I know I don’t know the whole song, but it’s possible someone with that name will encounter quite a few people in her life who, when introduced, immediately refer to the song or sing it, and she’ll have to say something like, not like I ever heard that before! sarcastically. Also maybe only older people, do younger people even know that song at all?

If you love the name, I can’t really think of anything wrong with it except the superficial reasons I’d not choose it for my own, you know? It’s as good as any and probably better than quite a few.