Alternative for Angelina?

I don’t have an Itailian last name but was thinking of naming my daughter after my grandmother…or at least use it for a middle name. What are some alternatives to [name]Angelina[/name]? thanks!

[name]Angeline[/name]
[name]Angel[/name]
[name]Angela[/name]
[name]Angelica[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Evangelina[/name]
Evangeliya

I don’t think you need an Italian surname to use [name]Angelina[/name], though!

[name]Angelique[/name]
Angéle

I completely agree that you don’t need an Italian surname to use [name]Angelina[/name]. The world’s most famous [name]Angelina[/name] doesn’t have an Italian surname - [name]Jolie[/name], of course, isn’t Italian, and the last name that she was born with, Voight, isn’t either.

You have some great suggestions already. I particularly like [name]Angelica[/name] and Evangeline. The only one I can think of that hasn’t been mentioned, and which is a bit more of an indirect alternative than some of these other suggestions, is [name]Seraphina[/name].

[name]Angeline[/name] is so pretty. I always forget about that name for some reason.

Also makes me want to reread a childhood favorite “Someday [name]Angeline[/name]” :slight_smile:

[name]Seraphina[/name]'s what I was going to say. [name]Celestia[/name] is similarly indirect. [name]Pixie[/name] is a bit cutesy but possibly workable as a middle name - I think I prefer [name]Angelina[/name] though.

I rather like [name]Angelina[/name] itself for a middle name.

Have you considered the female equivalents of various archangel names? [name]Raphaela[/name], [name]Gabriella[/name], etc.? Only problem is they can be as Italian sounding as [name]Angelina[/name]… but I don’t consider that a real difficulty?

If you love [name]Angelina[/name] I would not be afraid of using it. But if you don’t care to, I also like just [name]Lena[/name], which has a long history of stand-alone use and is soft and vintage sounding.

I agree with anyone. You don’t need Italian surname to use [name]Angelina[/name]. It’s my middle name, my last name is asian, and my first has a greek origin. It’s so mixed but the sound managed to be okay. So don’t be afraid to combine the origins.

[name]Angeline[/name], [name]Angelica[/name], and [name]Angelique[/name] would by my picks.

But I agree with the others. You don’t need an Italian name for [name]Angelina[/name] to work.

Go with [name]Angelina[/name], it’s beautiful!:slight_smile: