Alternatives to the Trendy Name

Okay, I am dealing with a couple right now where the parents loved the names [name]Britney[/name] and [name]Haylie[/name] {Yes, those spellings.}, but that was ruined for them through a family situation. Now, they are split in the naming process. The husband wants something along the lines of [name]Bridget[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]. I get the feeling he’s looking for something known and worn, but still thriving. The wife wants something like [name]Bailey[/name] or [name]Bristol[/name]. Obviously, she attracted to in the moment trends {SIGH :evil: }. Anyway, this couple needs a compromise, can my fellow berries think of names that fir into both criteria somehow? :wink:

Hm, that’s tough! I hope her husband can sway her! [name]How[/name] about:

[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Mia[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Gianna[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Shona[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Bella[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name]
[name]Cara[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Alana[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Caitlin[/name]
[name]Samantha[/name]
[name]Hallie[/name] (preferably as a nickname)
[name]Kate[/name] (same)
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]

Some of these names are trendy, but have had a history of use outside this decade. Some are nicknamey ([name]Ella[/name], [name]Mia[/name], etc) but I think they age well, while still having a trendy appeal.

Thanks! Here’s hoping some of those will appeal to her so we can get out of this boat of trend that isn’t even worthy of a dogs name!

My picks for classic but currently very popular names (and none of my picks will sound like rearranged Scrabble tiles!)

[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Teresa[/name] ([name]Tess[/name]/a for short)
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] (since the wife seems to have a fixation with the Bs)
[name]Holly[/name]
[name]Brianne[/name]
[name]Brie[/name]