Althea?

What do you think about the name [name_f]Althea[/name_f] [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]?

I think it’s nice. I do prefer [name_f]Alethea[/name_f] though. [name_f]Althea[/name_f] [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f] is very pretty.

I love [name_f]Althea[/name_f], especially with the nickname [name_f]Thea[/name_f]. It’s unusual but not difficult, and it’s both strong and clearly feminine. [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f] softens it a bit, which works well.

One of my daughters is named [name_f]Lula[/name_f] (the other one is [name_f]Zadie[/name_f]). Would [name_f]Althea[/name_f] (likely shortened to [name_f]Thea[/name_f]) be too close to [name_f]Lula[/name_f] (who goes mostly by [name_f]Lu[/name_f]). I do love the nn [name_f]Thea[/name_f], but are there other nn possibilities? Or maybe [name_f]Thea[/name_f] and [name_f]Lu[/name_f] would work?

Great combo. It’s unexpected but not unfamiliar. I love [name_f]Althea[/name_f]; it’s so underused. I like [name_f]Thea[/name_f] as the nn but there’s also [name_f]Ally[/name_f] or [name_f]Tea[/name_f]/[name_f]Tia[/name_f]