Alyssa/Alissa/Lyssa

Thoughts on the name [name]Alyssa[/name]/[name]Alissa[/name] and the shorter version [name]Lyssa[/name]?

I really like [name]Alyssa[/name] but don’t suggest it as it is in my mind a little dated like [name]Lauren[/name]. I do not like the nn of [name]Ally[/name].

I think [name]Alyssa[/name] is gorgeous! It doesn’t feel dated to me and [name]Lyssa[/name] is a really lovely nickname. :slight_smile:

I like [name]Alyssa[/name] a lot, I think it’s very pretty:)

I don’t mind it, I know a girl whose name is Alyssum :slight_smile:

I like it, but I prefer the nickname [name]Aly[/name].

[name]Love[/name] [name]Alyssa[/name]… esp nn Lissy
[name]Lyssa[/name] nice too, prefer with the A starter.
[name]Alissa[/name] isn’t quite as spunky as I personally like the y in it as it makes me with of Alyssium flowers.

[name]Alyssa[/name] is dated : /

[name]Alyssa[/name]/[name]Alissa[/name]/Lyss is pretty but I prefer [name]Arissa[/name] / Aryssa.

I like [name]Alissa[/name]…and the nns [name]Lissa[/name]/[name]Lissie[/name]. It seems a [name]LITTLE[/name] dated, but I don’t think there was ever an over-abundance of [name]Alyssa[/name]'s in any decade. I’m not fond of [name]Aly[/name]/[name]Ally[/name]/[name]Allie[/name] etc though. I just think of a “back alley” or an “alley cat”. I don’t know…I just don’t like it!

I strongly dislike it, as I find it both dated and common. As a college professor, I’ve had at least one [name]Alyssa[/name] in every class I’ve ever taught.

Feminine, pretty, musical name… My daughter is [name]Alyssa[/name] & she’s 5. We know a few other Alyssas her age, but not tons (which is perfect). I like the standard spelling with a “y” because I never have to correct anyone. I agree it’s slightly dated, but it’s still beautiful. DH was set on it once I mentioned it.

Middle name [name]Bella[/name] after my mom’s nn.

Its pretty enough, just very overused and kind of dated to me, at this point. It might be a bit too out there, but I really like the Lebanese female name, Alissar.