alyssa and jacen

hey there… im 7 months along in my first pregnancy. ive had two ultrasounds bout the baby wont hold still so i dont know if its a boy or girl. :slight_smile: after months of looking i finally picked out a name for each. alyssa rose and jacen (jason) riley. i was just curious if you guys thought the names would be too popular. i dont want anything too out there, but i dont want anything too popular either. thanks!

I love [name]Alyssa[/name], always have. It’s beautiful and not used too frequently, although not unfamiliar either. [name]Alyssa[/name] will serve your daughter well from the time she’s a child on up throughout her adulthood.

[name]Jacen[/name] I’m less convinced of because of the spelling. Often those trendy-looking spellings just cause pronunciation issues or start looking dated early on. [name]May[/name] I ask your attraction to this spelling over the more common “[name]Jason[/name]”?

Congratulations!
[name]Frances[/name]

[name]Alyssa[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is fine. I think [name]Alyssa[/name] is probably dropping in popularity if anything.
I would choose [name]Jason[/name] over [name]Jacen[/name] any day. A [name]Jacen[/name] will have to correct the spelling of his name CONSTANTLY, and the trendee spelling will date the name.

I agree w/ the pp’s. [name]Alyssa[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is beautiful, it actually would have been the name for my 2nd son had he been a girl.

I understand how “[name]Jacen[/name]” looks appealing, but he definitely will need to constantly correct ppl on how to spell his name. What about just [name]Jace[/name], if you like the way it looks?

[name]Alyssa[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is very nice. I prefer something a little less popular like [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. But [name]Alyssa[/name] is pretty, not trendy and will age well. [name]Rose[/name] is very common in the middle and you might like something a bit different to distinguish your [name]Alyssa[/name] since it’s kind of popular at the moment (#19). Maybe something like [name]Alyssa[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] or [name]Alyssa[/name] [name]June[/name].

I’m not fond of [name]Jacen[/name]. I don’t mind [name]Jason[/name], though it feels kind of 90s to me, but it’s still pretty popular so its kind of become a classic. If you love the sound of [name]Jacen[/name] then I’d go with the traditional spelling of [name]Jason[/name]. It will make your sons life so much easier. But if it is the spelling your attracted to I’d go with [name]Jace[/name], which will cause less confusion. Other similar names are [name]Jackson[/name], [name]Carson[/name] and [name]Jameson[/name].

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

My name is [name]Alyssa[/name]! My mom named me after [name]Alyssa[/name] [name]Milano[/name]…I think it is a pretty name. Where I live, it is becoming popular. [name]Alyssa[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is a pretty combination. My middle name would have been [name]Rose[/name] (tradition on my mother’s side), but my mother decided on [name]Alyssa[/name] [name]Danielle[/name] instead.

[name]Jacen[/name] [name]Riley[/name]… I think those names go well together. [name]Jacen[/name] would probably have to correct many people on the spelling of his name, but with all of the [name]Ashlee[/name]'s, [name]Bekkah[/name]'s, [name]MacKenna[/name]'s, Mikynzee’s, [name]Jon[/name]'s, [name]Mathew[/name]'s, [name]Jorden[/name]'s, [name]Michal[/name]'s, etc., he wouldn’t be alone.

[name]Love[/name] the name [name]Alyssa[/name] [name]Rose[/name]!

I agree with everyone that the spelling of “[name]Jacen[/name]” is a bit odd. At first glance I didn’t know if it was a unique spelling for [name]Jason[/name] or perhaps a hard c sound for “[name]Jake[/name]-n”. [name]Jason[/name] has an s like [name]Alyssa[/name] and matches subtly. [name]Jasyn[/name] has an s and a y to match [name]Alyssa[/name] even more, if you’re totally into unique spellings and maybe wouldn’t be as confusing as [name]Jacen[/name].

Good luck!