Amal Mira

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], what do you think about [name_u]Amal[/name_u] [name_f]Mira[/name_f]?

[name_u]Amal[/name_u] pronounced Ah-ma-al (rhymes with Ah-pal)

Big sister is [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f]. Last name starts with J.

We weren’t purposely going for AMJ initials for both, it just so happened that these were names we agreed upon and thought went well together.

Thanks! Other suggestions welcomed.

1 Like

[name_f]Beautiful[/name_f]

1 Like

I truly like this combo! It is very unique in a way I don’t often see and I especially enjoy how this pairing goes against the grain of what we traditionally see here on Nameberry. I think [name_u]Amal[/name_u] [name_f]Mira[/name_f] as a little sister to [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f] works out fine (the matching initials is cute) even if the etymology of the names come from very separate cultures.

1 problem I would likely run into with this name is the way you are picking to say [name_u]Amal[/name_u]. I usually have always pronounced it (uh-MALL). Instead of like “a pal” like you wrote in your post. But still, that is a very small issue to have with a name this pretty!

1 Like

It’s a lovely combo, and I think it works well with Astrid Maren! Mira and Maren are quite similar but I think it’s fine

ETA: sorry I misread Maren as Miren

1 Like

Absolutely stunning :sparkles:

1 Like

@janeybaby thank you so much! [name_f]My[/name_f] heritage is Lebanese/Arab and I wanted to honor that with her name. I also love that it means hope and admire [name_u]Amal[/name_u] [name_m]Clooney[/name_m], human rights activist/lawyer. We also love the meanings for [name_f]Mira[/name_f]. We chose to pronounce [name_u]Amal[/name_u] it as we did because it is more in line with the traditional Arabic pronunciation. Hopefully, it won’t be too much of an issue for others. Thanks again! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Ooh [name_u]Amal[/name_u] [name_f]Mira[/name_f] is such a delight! It’s pretty yet strong and kind of dreamy!

[name_u]Amal[/name_u] [name_f]Nadira[/name_f], [name_u]Amal[/name_u] [name_f]Yasmin[/name_f] and [name_u]Amal[/name_u] [name_u]Isra[/name_u] came to mind, but I do love [name_u]Amal[/name_u] [name_f]Mira[/name_f]

2 Likes