Amiria

Amiria [name]Ryan[/name] nn [name]Amy[/name] (a-MEER-ee-a)

Looking for some honest opinions on this name please.

What middle name would you pair with it? ([name]Ryan[/name] is our surname)

Thanks [name]Jess[/name]

Well…to be honest, I think anytime you need to include a pronunciation guide, it’s probably not good. :frowning:

I like [name]Araminta[/name] the best out of your choices, and think [name]Minta[/name] is a very adorable nn. :slight_smile: I think you’d have the least pronunciation issues with this one, although I don’t know if that’s a huge concern for you guys.

To be honest, when I read Amiria, I keep finding myself trying to “correct” it to [name]Amira[/name], since [name]Amira[/name] is a name that I’ve heard of, while Amiria sounds a little overdone with that final “ia”. I’ve known 2 Amiras (one was Muslim, the other Jewish- the name has meaning in both Arabic and Hebrew) and have never known an Amiria. [name]Amira[/name] with a nickname [name]Mira[/name] is very cute.

Like elsiekutz, I like [name]Araminta[/name] better than Amiria.

Thankyou! Amiria is a maori name… and I’m afraid as much as I’d like to use [name]Amira[/name] it isn’t frilly enough for my husband! (see my other posts…). Pronounciation issues don’t particularly both us - I’m just grateful to have lost the horrors of the previous list…! I have several friends with interesting names and it only takes correcting once - out of interest how would you have pronounced it if I hadn’t told you?

Any middle name ideas to go with it?

Again, apologies to everyone for clogging up the girls names forum! [name]Just[/name] really want to look at the names completely separately for now…

Thanks, [name]Jess[/name]