Amy Poehler & Will Arnett

Had a boy early last night: [name]Archie[/name] [name]Arnett[/name] is what I’ve read they’re calling him.

Am I the only one who thinks [name]Archie[/name] [name]Arnett[/name] sounds like a comic book hero? I don’t mind [name]Archie[/name], really, but the alliteration sounds funny to me.

What do you think?

I agree. It sounds like a character’s name. It’s not terrible but I don’t love it.

I think the problems with it are that a)the beginning two letters are the same, and b)that they’re both two syllables-- [name]Archie[/name] Axelrod, for example, would get away from the comic hero feel—or at least somewhat.

You nailed it! :slight_smile: One more syllable and I would be appeased, nickname or not. (I still secretly hope they come out and say “[name]Archie[/name]‘s actually short for [name]Archibald[/name]/[name]Archer[/name]’” but honestly think [name]Archibald[/name] might appeal to their sense of the bizarre!

My sister and I think it’s a fabulous name - and that [name]Amy[/name] and [name]Will[/name] definitely spent a lot of time trying to come up with the funniest name they could that wasn’t completely ridiculous. On the one hand, it’s really cute and funny and fitting for the kid of 2 well known comedians, but on the other hand if little [name]Archie[/name] wants to be a lawyer or a doctor it’s still a name people can take seriously (i mean, would you let trixiebelle or pilot inspektor represent you in court or take out your appendix?)

I just read that the baby is named [name]Archibald[/name] ‘[name]Archie[/name]’ [name]William[/name] [name]Emerson[/name] [name]Arnett[/name]. He is named after his father whose full name is [name]William[/name] [name]Emerson[/name] [name]Arnett[/name]. [name]Lola[/name], I think your wish has come true.

Huzzah! :smiley: Something that works at all age levels. Restores my faith in “The SNL’ers are great namers”. At least, so far!