An ‘A’ Name Meaning “Living”

Hey! I have an acquaintance who needs a bit of help. She currently has two daughters and another daughter on the way. All of her girls have ‘A’ names with a virtuous meaning (“truth”, “noble”, and “eternal”, respectively), and all of their middle names are virtues: @lethia J0y, [name_u]Adel[/name_u]@ide F@ith, and @mar@ Gr@ce. She plans on being done after this one, but she wants to think ahead in case they end up do expecting a fourth that’s not a boy. The only thing set in stone is that the middle name would be “[name_f]Hope[/name_f]”, and that she wants it to be another ‘A’ name. The thing is she specifically wants it to mean “Living”- not “Life” or “Lively”, but “Living”. The only one she could find was [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], which, of course, is “Life”. If you guys know anything regarding that, please lay it out! Otherwise, feel free to offer substitutes or anything else. TIA :two_hearts:

1 Like

I couldn’t find an A name with the exact meaning “living,” but [name_f]Aisha[/name_f] is an Arabic name meaning “alive.”

Ava is a variant of [name_f]Eve[/name_f] meaning “to live.”
And [name_f]Aviana[/name_f] is a modern variant of [name_f]Ava[/name_f], if she wants something more elaborate. It’s also similar to the word “avian” meaning birdlike!

5 Likes

I can’t think of any that fits but these might work

Aviva means springlike and fresh which feels like it could fit with her girls

Anna means grace

Aliza means joyful

Amelie means striving

1 Like

Thank you for the options!

I like the suggestion of [name_f]Eve[/name_f]!
Hmmm this is tricky, maybe:
[name_f]Alivia[/name_f], pronounced like [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] (uh-livy-uh) but spelt like the word Alive ? Trying to get creative :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hmm that’s a tough one. [name_f]Ziva[/name_f] and Pranee both mean ‘living’

Asha means ‘life’ which I know isn’t quite what she’s looking for.

1 Like

I spent three weeks trying to come up with something, so I totally understand :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I just thought of another one: Anima.

It has the Latin meaning “soul” or “spirit” and it’s very close to the [name_f]English[/name_f] word “animate,” which derives from “anima” and means “alive” or “living” (as in animate vs inanimate)

2 Likes