An update on our new list.

Well, we got it narrowed BACK down to 9 names. We sat down a few hours ago (my son woke me up an hour ago with a fever) and we vigorously went through the list and picked the names we both agreed on - we have 9. Of course, my absolute favortie names are not on this list :frowning: - but neither are his.

[name]Anissa[/name] (he likes it - i think its ok)
[name]Cadence[/name] (was on our list from the beginning - still like it)
[name]Ella[/name] (we both like it, but too popular)
[name]Juliana[/name] (my favorite from this list)
[name]Josephine[/name] (i really like - he thinks its ok)
[name]Rozlynn[/name] (heā€™s determined to spell it this way, so iā€™d prefer not having this name)
[name]Sarai[/name] or [name]Sariah[/name] (Suh-rye-uh) - we both liked this version of [name]Sarah[/name] better than [name]Sarina[/name]. And Iā€™m happy with it b/c my best friendā€™s name was [name]Suraya[/name] when I was little before she moved away in 3rd grade.
[name]Shayla[/name] - we both wanted an Irish name
[name]Sienna[/name] - both like it, but donā€™t [name]LOVE[/name] it.

My favourites from your list are [name]Cadence[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Juliana[/name], [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Sienna[/name] but I donā€™t think [name]Juliana[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] really go with [name]Alanna[/name] (please tell me Iā€™ve matched up the right daughter there and spelt is right too). Also if youā€™re still using [name]James[/name] as a mn I wouldnā€™t go with ā€˜Jā€™ names as Iā€™m not a fan of alliteration. [name]Sienna[/name] [name]James[/name] I think is the best.

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

Yes, I have [name]Alanna[/name] and [name]Jacob[/name], too. [name]Jacob[/name] is [name]Jacob[/name] [name]Justin[/name] - you referred to the JJ alliteration ([name]Justin[/name] was after our son who passed away, so we were going to use that name as a mn no matter what). I donā€™t know if were still going to use [name]James[/name]. Hubby said lets figure out the fn, then weā€™ll work on the mn.

Iā€™d prefer not to use another ā€œJā€ name, since that will make [name]Alanna[/name] the only one w/o a J name AND I donā€™t want to be like the Duggars. But thatā€™s what I happen to like the most on this list. But, hubby likes [name]Shayla[/name] the most.

Now knowing that thereā€™s a [name]Jacob[/name] (and a [name]Justin[/name]), does [name]Juliana[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] sound better with [name]Alanna[/name]? I think [name]Juliana[/name] goes well - [name]Josephine[/name] is the one that seems off to me. But I like the name after my great-aunt, so it may also be used as a mn.

Thanks for your input!

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Raquel[/name]!

Okay, let me make some comments on this new list, and I apologize if it is too harsh. Names to go with [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name]:

[name]Anissa[/name] - I donā€™t think it is in the same style as your other kidsā€™ names. It seems too unique to go with the sophisticated and simple [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name], and I donā€™t like both [name]Alanna[/name] and [name]Anissa[/name] beginning with A.

[name]Cadence[/name] - I simply donā€™t care for this name at all. I donā€™t think it is as pretty and feminine as [name]Alanna[/name], and I donā€™t think that is what you want. It would be a nice middle name.

[name]Ella[/name] - Not a stand-alone name in my opinion, so I think it should get the axe.

[name]Juliana[/name] - Very pretty name! It kind of rhymes with [name]Alanna[/name] (they both end in -anna/-ana = bad!), so I personally think [name]Julia[/name] would be better. But, it begins with the same letter as [name]Jacob[/name].

[name]Josephine[/name] - Again, not in the same style, so use as a middle name if anything.

[name]Rozlynn[/name] - I think you know my opinions on this one. If you want an Irish name, use [name]Rosaleen[/name] as a middle name. I love that!

[name]Sarai[/name]/[name]Sariah[/name] - If you are going to use one, Iā€™d go with [name]Sariah[/name], because [name]Sarai[/name] seems too close to the Bible in my opinion. [name]Sariah[/name] is cute, as is the nickname [name]Sari[/name]. I really preferred [name]Sarina[/name] because I thought it was a similar name with a more modern feel to match [name]Alanna[/name], but if you donā€™t care for it, then nix it.

[name]Shayla[/name] - This seems dated (and honestly a tad low-classā€¦sorry!), so I wouldnā€™t use it. I personally think there are much better Irish names out there, as this one is American, not Irish. Similar Irish names are [name]Shannon[/name]/[name]Shannen[/name], [name]Shea[/name], and [name]Sheila[/name]. Of those, [name]Shannon[/name] goes best.

[name]Sienna[/name] - Very popular in my experience, and I think it might match too much with [name]Alanna[/name], but not with [name]Jacob[/name]. Also, if you donā€™t love it, I think it is a no-go. What is her nickname, then, too?

So, of your list, I like [name]Juliana[/name] and [name]Sariah[/name]. I preferred [name]Julia[/name] or [name]Juliet[/name] (I think [name]Juliana[/name] is a no-go when you have an [name]Alanna[/name] since they have the same ending) and [name]Sarina[/name]. I also like [name]Rosaleen[/name].

I would use [name]Rosaleen[/name] as a middle name to get your Irish name in there, and I would do [name]Julia[/name] [name]Rosaleen[/name] ([name]Jules[/name] is what I call my friend [name]Julia[/name]) or [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Rosaleen[/name], or even [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]. I definitely wouldnā€™t do [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Josephine[/name], because both [name]Jacob[/name] [name]Justin[/name] and the new baby would have the same initials, leaving [name]Alanna[/name] out! Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] - sorry for all the CAPS below. I thought it would be easier to see the diff. of mine from yours if I did that. I copied and pasted yours b/c I couldnā€™t remember everything you said. lol

[name]Anissa[/name] - I donā€™t think it is in the same style as your other kidsā€™ names. It seems too unique to go with the sophisticated and simple [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name], and I donā€™t like both [name]Alanna[/name] and [name]Anissa[/name] beginning with A.

THAT IS QUITE ALRIGHT B/C I [name]DON[/name]'T CARE FOR THE NAME THAT MUCH ANYWAY. :wink:

[name]Cadence[/name] - I simply donā€™t care for this name at all. I donā€™t think it is as pretty and feminine as [name]Alanna[/name], and I donā€™t think that is what you want. It would be a nice middle name.

THIS HAS BEEN A NAME THAT HAS [name]JUST[/name] BEEN THERE, I REALLY LIKED IT IN THE BEGINNING AND IT HAS STAYED ON OUR LIST ALL THE [name]WAY[/name] THROUGH THE PREGNANCY.

[name]Ella[/name] - Not a stand-alone name in my opinion, so I think it should get the axe.

I [name]DO[/name] LIKE SOME OF THE OTHER NAMES MUCH MORE. IT IS A PRETTY NAME, BUT LIKE YOU [name]SAID[/name] NOT A STAND ALONE NAME

[name]Juliana[/name] - Very pretty name! It kind of rhymes with [name]Alanna[/name] (they both end in -anna/-ana = bad!), so I personally think [name]Julia[/name] would be better. But, it begins with the same letter as [name]Jacob[/name].

HUBBY WONā€™T [name]DO[/name] [name]JULIET[/name]. AND FOR [name]BOTH[/name] OF US [name]JULIA[/name] IS A [name]LITTLE[/name] BLAH.

[name]Josephine[/name] - Again, not in the same style, so use as a middle name if anything.

I KNOW ITā€™S OFF FROM THE STYLES, BUT AGAIN I LIKE THIS ONE AFTER MY GREAT-AUNT. Iā€™VE BEEN TRYING SINCE [name]ALANNA[/name] TO USE THIS NAME AND HE FINALLY [name]SAID[/name] MAYBE! I DOUBT IT [name]WILL[/name] BE THE [name]BABY[/name]'S NAME BUT IT IS ALSO A CONTENDER FOR A MN NOW. :smiley:

[name]Rozlynn[/name] - I think you know my opinions on this one. If you want an Irish name, use [name]Rosaleen[/name] as a middle name. I love that!

LOL - I THINK I KNOW EVERYONEā€™S OPINION ON THIS ONE!

[name]Sarai[/name]/[name]Sariah[/name] - If you are going to use one, Iā€™d go with [name]Sariah[/name], because [name]Sarai[/name] seems too close to the Bible in my opinion. [name]Sariah[/name] is cute, as is the nickname [name]Sari[/name]. I really preferred [name]Sarina[/name] because I thought it was a similar name with a more modern feel to match [name]Alanna[/name], but if you donā€™t care for it, then nix it.

I LIKE EITHER [name]SARAI[/name] OR [name]SARIAH[/name]. I WAS ACTUALLY SURPRISED HUBBY [name]SAID[/name] YES TO THIS. AND ALSO HUBBY WAS THE ONE WHO [name]SAID[/name] HEā€™D RATHER HAVE [name]ANISSA[/name] ON THE LIST THAN [name]SARINA[/name], WHICH SURPRISED ME B/C HEā€™S THE ONE WHO PUT THAT NAME ON THE LIST!

[name]Shayla[/name] - This seems dated (and honestly a tad low-classā€¦sorry!), so I wouldnā€™t use it. I personally think there are much better Irish names out there, as this one is American, not Irish. Similar Irish names are [name]Shannon[/name]/[name]Shannen[/name], [name]Shea[/name], and [name]Sheila[/name]. Of those, [name]Shannon[/name] goes best.

I [name]DO[/name] NOT LIKE [name]SHANNON[/name] OR [name]SHEILA[/name] - I GREW UP WITH WAAAAY TO MANY OF THEM. I LIKE [name]SHEA[/name], BUT I AM NOT FOND OF 1 SYLLABLE FN. Iā€™D PREFER [name]SHEA[/name] AS A MN. AS FAR AS THE IRISH THING - [name]SHAYLA[/name] IS THE ONLY NAME WE [name]BOTH[/name] LIKE. THERE ARE SO MANY IRISH NAMES THAT ARE SO POPULAR THAT IT [name]JUST[/name] KIND OF TURNED US OFF - [name]RILEY[/name] (WHICH WAS THE ORIGINAL NAME WE HAD PICKED OUT FOR HER BEFORE WE KNEW SHE WAS A GIRL), [name]REAGAN[/name], [name]MCKENNA[/name], [name]MCKENZIE[/name], ETC. AND ANOTHER PROBLEM IS HUBBY HAS 22 COUSINS AND THEY ALL, YES ALL, HAVE IRISH NAMES. SO WEā€™RE KIND OF LIMITED TO WHAT WE COULD USE.

[name]Sienna[/name] - Very popular in my experience, and I think it might match too much with [name]Alanna[/name], but not with [name]Jacob[/name]. Also, if you donā€™t love it, I think it is a no-go. What is her nickname, then, too?

I HAVE NEVER [name]EVEN[/name] THOUGHT ABOUT A NN FOR THIS. SIEN, [name]ENNA[/name]??? WHO KNOWS! LOL

I like [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Sienna[/name] [name]James[/name] sounds nice, too. Hubby likes [name]Shayla[/name] [name]James[/name].

Okay, thatā€™s fine! [name]Don[/name]'t worry about the CAPS. From yours at the bottom, my favorite is [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name].

Let me see if I can remember to comment back on what you said. As for [name]Cadence[/name], if you like it, then thatā€™s great! I mean, at the end of the day, my opinion is fairly insignificant. If hubby likes [name]Sariah[/name] better than [name]Sarina[/name], perfect! [name]Sariah[/name] is a great name! I agree that [name]Shea[/name] is a bit short and too unisex to go with [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name], but I just think [name]Shayla[/name] is SO different from [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name] - it just doesnā€™t fit for me. That is incredible about your husbandā€™s family - Iā€™d imagine it would be quite hard to find a unique Irish name, then. I do like [name]Josephine[/name], but only as a middle name for you. It is a very nice way to honor family. My biggest issue is with [name]Juliana[/name]. I could never see any parent saying, ā€œHere are my children: [name]Jacob[/name], [name]Alanna[/name], and [name]Juliana[/name].ā€ without whoever they were talking to bursting out laughing because [name]Alanna[/name] and [name]Juliana[/name] are so similar in end sound. Too bad hubby doesnā€™t like [name]Juliet[/name], and I donā€™t think [name]Julia[/name] is blah at all (just my opinion!), but if you used either, youā€™d have two J names.

I think [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] is great, with the nickname [name]Sari[/name] or [name]Riah[/name].

As for [name]Cadence[/name] - itā€™s just one of those - not completely in love with it, but itā€™s just always been there. You know? Like it has been faithful to us or something - lol. It did come off the list briefly, but that was my fault. I had so many names and so many lists, that I forgot to include it a few times. I did that with quite a few names.

Anyway, ( i ramble ) yes, it is hard to find an Irish name to stick with the tradition. And [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Justin[/name] werenā€™t w/ the tradition anyway. But then thereā€™s [name]Alanna[/name], who was. So even though we really would like another Irish name, it doesnā€™t have to be that way.

And I didnā€™t mean that [name]Julia[/name] is a ā€œblahā€ name, I guess just ā€œblahā€ for our tastes. I meant b/c I like the more unusual names - where [name]Juliana[/name] is more unusual than [name]Julia[/name]. And hubby likes the more ā€œmodernā€ and contemporary names. Thatā€™s why we both prefer [name]Juliana[/name] over [name]Julia[/name].

I do like [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name], but Iā€™m really trying not to get my hopes up b/c I know hubby has other names heā€™d prefer. It just seems like I fall in love with something and then he says ā€œnoā€.

[name]Don[/name]'t worry - I donā€™t take offense at the [name]Julia[/name] comment. Yes, I get you with the [name]Cadence[/name] issueā€¦

About [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] - didnā€™t you like [name]Sienna[/name] and hubby liked [name]Shayla[/name], and you both agreed on [name]Sariah[/name]? That is what I got from your post. I think it is a perfect compromise.

About the Irish issue - I donā€™t think I remember what [name]Alanna[/name]'s middle name is, and [name]Alanna[/name] isnā€™t Irish. Neither are [name]Jacob[/name] or [name]Justin[/name]. So, unless you REALLY want one, I personally donā€™t think it is a huge deal, especially when it would be a chore to find a new one with hubbyā€™s 22 cousins having Irish names!

Again, I really urge you to reconsider [name]Juliana[/name]. I totally agree that it is a beautiful name, but with the names you have already chosen, I donā€™t think you can use it. This is just my opinion.

Stay strong with [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]! Good luck - Iā€™m out for today!

We both liked [name]Sienna[/name]. He likes [name]Shayla[/name] more than I do, and I like [name]Sariah[/name] more than he does.

Oh, but [name]Alanna[/name] is Irish. Actually [name]Alana[/name] is more of the true Irish name, I donā€™t know if [name]Alanna[/name] is the ā€œAmericanā€ version or just another Irish version (Iā€™ve seen it differently on various websites). But I didnā€™t like [name]Alana[/name] - too much like [name]Alan[/name] w/an A. I thought the double N spelling made it prettier and more feminine.

The funny thing is that we actually had 2 more names like [name]Juliana[/name] on the listā€¦ [name]Liliana[/name] and [name]Ariana[/name]. I made hubby pick only one, and it was [name]Juliana[/name] - which was my fave of the 3 anyway. Like I said earlier, Iā€™d kind of prefer to stay away from the J theme anyway. But only time will tell what we will end up naming her. I made a list for hubby to keep and the same list for me to keep (not that I am the one who needs reminding). Hopefully heā€™ll keep looking them over and weā€™ll be able to narrow it down to a few before she is born - just a few days more than 5 weeks left now!

What do you think of [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] (b/c of [name]James[/name])? I know it flows better with [name]Josephine[/name], but he had wanted to use [name]James[/name]. I donā€™t know if that still stands, but he wants to work on getting closer to a fn before we even start to consider mn again.

It is absolutely gorgeous here today, but [name]Jacob[/name] came down with a fever in the middle of the night, so weā€™re pretty much stuck here. Have a good day!

I like [name]Sarai[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] over [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and I am voting for this combo.

I am totally biased with [name]Jacquelyn[/name] as it is my daughterā€™s name, she is a mother and loves her name, her friends call her [name]Jac[/name] but we always call her [name]Jacquelyn[/name].

Thanks [name]Rollo[/name]!

I believe it was [name]Lemon[/name] and I that were discussing mnā€™s the other day. Hubby had wanted [name]James[/name] as the mn after his brother that passed away - [name]Shay[/name], or [name]Shea[/name], was an alternative, more feminine mn, and so was [name]Jacqueline[/name]. [name]Jacqueline[/name] actually worked well b/c it honored [name]James[/name], hubbyā€™s grandmother [name]Jacquelyn[/name], and had part of my name in it - ā€œquelā€ from [name]Raquel[/name]. But I guess it really depends on the fn that we pick that will determine the mn.

[name]Anissa[/name]: I really like [name]Clarissa[/name] and [name]Larissa[/name], but I still worry about ā€œanusā€ teasing with [name]Anissa[/name].

[name]Cadence[/name]: Because this name is so trendy, I think its use
will make [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name] feel trendy, too.

[name]Ella[/name]: Despite its popularity, I think itā€™s a great vintage name (I think of it as a name in and of itself and as a nickname, too) that works well with [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name].

[name]Juliana[/name]: I love [name]Juliana[/name], but [name]Alanna[/name] and [name]Juliana[/name] are way too similar to me. Because your son has a J name, I think a non-J name would be great.

[name]Josephine[/name]: I love this name, and while I can see it with [name]Jacob[/name], and I have a harder time seeing it with [name]Alanna[/name].

[name]Rozlynn[/name]: I think that [name]Roslyn[/name] feels elegant and soft, but [name]Rozlynn[/name] feels very trendy and harsh to me.

[name]Sarai[/name] or [name]Sariah[/name] (Suh-rye-uh): Its Hebrew origin works beautifully with [name]Jacob[/name] to me, and I think its exotic feel works well with [name]Alanna[/name]. I can better see [name]Sariah[/name] with [name]Alanna[/name].

[name]Shayla[/name]: This feels very dated/trendy to me, and it doesnā€™t feel as classy to me as [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name].

[name]Sienna[/name]: Like [name]Cadence[/name], I think that if you pair [name]Sienna[/name] with [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name], [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name] will take on a trendy feel.

From your list, I can best see [name]Ella[/name] and [name]Sariah[/name] with [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name], with [name]Sariah[/name] being the more distinctive choice.

Best wishes to you!

(I hope your son feels better soon!) :slight_smile:

Oh, Iā€™m sorry! I guess I thought you both liked [name]Sariah[/name], not [name]Sienna[/name]. Anyway, I prefer [name]Sariah[/name] to [name]Sienna[/name] - it is more unique, has more nickname options, and flows better with [name]Jacob[/name], especially, and [name]Alanna[/name] (which apparently is an American name, from Irish. Ha!).

[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] works in my opinion, especially since you want to honor [name]James[/name]. (Isnā€™t another relative using [name]James[/name]?). [name]Do[/name] you remember when I suggested another form of [name]James[/name]/[name]Jacqueline[/name] that also really honors your name? It was [name]Jacquelle[/name], and I think [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Jacquelle[/name] sounds even better than [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name]. [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] is obviously beautiful, too! I honestly canā€™t remember if you told me the babyā€™s last name, but you just want to make sure it works with these names - Iā€™m hoping it is a bit on the shorter side, but it could still work with a longer name, depending on said name.

I recall you saying [name]Jacob[/name] had some health issues (asthma, was it?), so I hope he recovers quickly from his fever and that nobody else in your family comes down with a bug! Good luck!

Um, correct me if I am wrong, but my baby names book says that [name]Jacob[/name] is a form of [name]James[/name] (it just hit me while I was reading this post and I checked it). So, technically you already have named a child after your husbandā€™s brother. You may still wish to use a more ā€˜obviousā€™ choice, but it could be potentially redundant. You could just use a J name - in this case [name]Josephine[/name] - and the J will provide a connection to [name]James[/name] and so will [name]Jacob[/name].

I personally love [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]. (I forgot to add this in my original post)

[name]Hope[/name] your son feels better soon.
[name]Anissa[/name] (he likes it - i think its ok)
[name]Cadence[/name] (was on our list from the beginning - still like it)
[name]Ella[/name] (we both like it, but too popular)
[name]Juliana[/name] (my favorite from this list)
[name]Josephine[/name] (i really like - he thinks its ok) - [name]Josephine[/name] is by far my favorite on your list!
[name]Rozlynn[/name] (heā€™s determined to spell it this way, so iā€™d prefer not having this name)
[name]Sarai[/name] or [name]Sariah[/name] (Suh-rye-uh) - we both liked this version of [name]Sarah[/name] better than [name]Sarina[/name]. And Iā€™m happy with it b/c my best friendā€™s name was [name]Suraya[/name] when I was little before she moved away in 3rd grade.
[name]Shayla[/name] - we both wanted an Irish name
[name]Sienna[/name] - both like it, but donā€™t [name]LOVE[/name] it.

[name]Josephine[/name]!

[name]Ah[/name], kmorri, you are correct! [name]Jacob[/name] is a form of [name]James[/name], as it has the same meaning and is Hebrew. I still think it is fine to use a form of [name]James[/name] for the middle name, but now maybe you have an extra argument for [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]! Wishing the bestā€¦

Alright ladies! You are making me fall in love with [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]! lol Not that thatā€™s a bad thing, but I highly doubt I will get [name]BOTH[/name] of the names I want.

I do see the problem with [name]Juliana[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name]. Iā€™ve been trying to think of another version of [name]Juliana[/name] that I like and the only thing that is similar is [name]Julianne[/name]. But Iā€™m not sure I like that nearly as much as [name]Juliana[/name].

[name]Jill[/name] - I never thought of [name]Sariah[/name] as exotic, but I guess it is!

Kmorri - I knew that [name]James[/name], [name]Jacqueline[/name], and [name]Jacob[/name] all have the same meaning. But [name]Jacob[/name] was not specifically named after my brother-in-law. He didnā€™t pass until just after [name]Alanna[/name] was born, that was a little more than 2 yrs ago - [name]Jacob[/name] is almost 7. Hubby had wanted a more direct connection to his brother.

[name]Lemon[/name] - I wish he liked [name]Sariah[/name] more than [name]Sienna[/name]. He likes it and says its interesting, but he likes 2 maybe 3 other names much more. Maybe Iā€™ll whisper [name]Sariah[/name] in his ear when heā€™s sleeping so heā€™ll start liking it more. And I wasnā€™t trying to be rude or anything about [name]Alanna[/name]'s name definitely being Irish, but it was one thing I did before she was born - I MADE sure it was Irish. I didnā€™t want to choose a name purposely b/c it was Irish and then it turning out not to be Irish. You know?
I had fotgotten about [name]Jacquelle[/name], but thatā€™s b/c hubby said he didnā€™t like it at all, and heā€™d rather use [name]Jacqueline[/name] if we went that route.
Yes, hubbyā€™s sister is naming her baby [name]Haileigh[/name] [name]Jaymes[/name]. She is actually due one week after the week my c-section will be planned - so there is a good chance the girls will be born in the same week. The doctor doesnā€™t want her going past her due date ( I think itā€™s b/c he doesnā€™t want to have to come into deliver her during the holidays), so heā€™s planning on inducing her possibly the same week my c-section will be planned. But, we live in Chicago, and my sister-in-law lives in [name]Vegas[/name]. Oh - there I go rambling again! I told hubby in the beginning that he should talk to his sister about using that as a mn since she chose it first. He said ā€œthis is my daughter, and he was my brother, too. I have every right to use the name, too. I donā€™t need to ask her permission.ā€ I really donā€™t think sheā€™ll say no, but I still think he should ask her if that we decide to use his name as a mn.

Thank you all for the get well wishes w/ [name]Jacob[/name]. Yes, he has asthma - and today would be the day that heā€™d start having an attack (always 2 days after showing symptoms of a cold or flu - and then the attack lasts for about 3 days). But he got a flu shot on Wed - so Iā€™m hoping that maybe itā€™s just a mild reaction from that. His fever was very low grade last night.

If hubby hates [name]Jacquelle[/name], then that is out for sure! Perhaps you could explain to him that you have already honored his brother, [name]James[/name], with [name]Jacob[/name]'s name, [name]EVEN[/name] if it was while his brother was still living. This may seem silly, and perhaps Iā€™m making assumptions that arenā€™t true here, but I think it is more significant that [name]Jacob[/name] has a name that honors [name]James[/name] because [name]Jacob[/name] is old enough to have met your husbandā€™s brother. Not only does he have a name with the same meaning, but he has the potential to remember or at least recognize that he once had an Uncle [name]James[/name] (I do realize that he was young at the time). [name]Just[/name] a thoughtā€¦

Yes, definitely do some priming with [name]Sariah[/name]! Perhaps you could bring it up in conversation with others while your husband is around. If anyone asks you what you are thinking of naming the baby, perhaps say something like ā€œWell, we are considering [name]Sienna[/name], [name]Shayla[/name], and [name]Sariah[/name] for our new daughter!ā€ Iā€™m pretty confident that you will get some positive feedback about [name]Sariah[/name] in particular, especially if it is left last. Maybe the kind words of others will help him develop a love of the name? I do realize that your husband is the type to say that he doesnā€™t care what other people think, as you have said before, but nobody really is that way! I donā€™t know how blatant you want to be, but perhaps you could start referring to the baby bump as [name]Sariah[/name]. Or, what does [name]Jacob[/name] think of the names? Is he on your side? Maybe he can convince his daddy! Hang in there - after all, he came around with [name]Alanna[/name], so maybe he will do the same with [name]Sariah[/name]. Convince him of your ā€œsuperiorā€ (kidding!) naming abilities by telling him that he wasnā€™t initially sold on [name]Alanna[/name], but now he really likes it.

I hope that [name]Jacob[/name] is feeling better and he was just reacting to the flu vaccine. Poor little guy!

PS [name]Haileigh[/name] [name]Jaymes[/name]? Someoneā€™s got a different naming style from you, [name]Raquel[/name]! (Isnā€™t there a TV character named [name]Hailey[/name] [name]James[/name]? I could be making things up, but I think I remember someone talking about that a few years agoā€¦)

That is a good idea about [name]Jacob[/name] knowing Uncle [name]Jimmy[/name] (thatā€™s what the kids called him). [name]Jacob[/name] doesnā€™t really remember meeting him - they lived in [name]Vegas[/name], us in Chicago - so [name]Jacob[/name] only met him maybe 4 times. But [name]Jacob[/name] knows who he is and that heā€™s his cousinā€™s daddy, and he understands that heā€™s passed on.

Yes, I know that my hubby secretly cares about what ppl think - especially if its HIS family and friends.
[name]Jacob[/name] likes [name]Sienna[/name] and [name]Cadence[/name] the best. [name]Sariah[/name] is so-so.
Ha! A couple weeks ago I told him something similar to that. I told him a name that I really liked ( I think it was [name]Leighton[/name]), and he said he didnā€™t care for it. I said ā€œyou said the same thing about [name]Alanna[/name], and now look where we areā€. Of course he denied it, but he really didnā€™t like [name]Alanna[/name] at first. And now he loves it, and is happy that we didnā€™t pick [name]Leila[/name].

[name]Jacob[/name] seems to better tonight. He isnā€™t running a fever. Iā€™m still trying to decide if I should send him to school tomorrow.

Oh. Boy. You said that about [name]Hailey[/name] [name]James[/name], so I looked up that name on google. Well, you donā€™t want to know what comes up when I type that inā€¦ you can look it up yourself if youā€™d like b/c I donā€™t even want to utter those words on this site!!! I think maybe I should tell my sister-in-law. But she is in love with that name! I donā€™t know what to do here.

UPDATE - [name]Just[/name] wanted to let you know that I told my sis-in-law about the name. Well, sort of. I couldnā€™t get a hold of her on the phone, so I texted her. Iā€™m still waiting for a response. :frowning:

Another Update - Phew!!! Sheā€™s ok w/ it! But I looked further and there is a [name]Haley[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Scott[/name] fictional character on One Tree [name]Hill[/name].

Oh gosh! I did just look that up, and that isnā€™t what I thought it was. I thought it was a TV character, but what she is is much worse. Wonder what [name]SIL[/name] will say! Maybe she could use [name]Hayden[/name] instead, but that would be very masculine with [name]James[/name] as the middle name! Or, other similar names are [name]Ainsley[/name], [name]Courtney[/name], [name]Kailey[/name], [name]Lacey[/name], [name]Lainey[/name], [name]Marley[/name], [name]Presley[/name], and [name]Whitney[/name].

Oh, well, [name]Jacob[/name]'s a load of help. Haha! But, Iā€™m glad you see my point about [name]Jacob[/name] knowing ā€œUncle [name]Jimmy[/name]ā€ - do you think your husband would see that as significant?