Analina - Thoughts?

I saw this name recently and it grabbed my attention. I couldn’t find anything on nameberry about it. Anyone know anything about it? [name]Do[/name] you like it?

The only thing I could find is Analena which might be the origin of this name.

I can’t get behind any name that includes the word Anal. The child will attend [name]Jr[/name] High, after all.

If you decide to use the name, I highly suggest using the spelling Annelina.

Yeah, I have to agree, that I can’t get past the “Anal” thing. [name]Even[/name] though the name is pronounced [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Lena[/name], it still looks like the word anal, and I can only begin to imagine the sort of teasing potential the name would have. You could spell it Annalina or Annalena which basically gets rid of the problem, or go with something like Annelina or [name]Anna[/name] [name]Lena[/name] to even further absolve the situation. It also sounds a bit made up. Names like [name]Angelina[/name], [name]Anneliese[/name] and [name]Annalie[/name] are more established similar names. [name]Hope[/name] that helps!

Ditto.

I’d go with Annelina (sort of like [name]Anneliese[/name]) to get rid of the “Anal” context of it.

All good points. We have two people we are trying to honor with our next baby name - [name]Ana[/name] and [name]Lee[/name]. My husband really loves the name [name]Annalee[/name]. However, when I posted before about it we got similar responses about the anal problem. I know some of you said that it seems better when you add the extra n but do you think it is still a major problem? I love the sound of the name but also don’t want to put my child through torment.

Also, I know that Analena is a name as I have found it on other sites. Analena - Name Meaning, What does Analena mean?

I think that all of these names come from [name]Annalee[/name] in the end. I could never use [name]Angelina[/name] b/c of [name]Angelina[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]. Also, I am not a huge fan of [name]Anneliese[/name]. I could get behind [name]Annalie[/name] but not sure if that changes the anal problem much. What do you think and which do you like best:

[name]Annalee[/name] - to me seems the most classic and simple

[name]Annalie[/name] -

Annalina - seems to have a more frilly combination

Annalena

I am

[name]Annalee[/name]. For some reason it negates the anal thing for me most.
What about [name]Leana[/name]? I like it!

I think i prefer…

[name]ANALIESE[/name] OR [name]ANNALISE[/name]
[name]ANALEIGH[/name] - a different spelling
ANAMARA
ANAROSA.

hope that helps.

I much prefer Annalina

[name]Annalee[/name] still sounds like anally to me…I’m so sorry to say that! I still think Annelina could work, spelled like that, or another suggestion…what about
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Lee[/name]. It honors both [name]Ana[/name] and [name]Lee[/name] and has literary roots ([name]Poe[/name]).

What about [name]Leana[/name]?
Completely eliminate all “anal” associations by just switching the order.

I think [name]Leana[/name] or [name]Liana[/name] are great ideas!

Also just to add I don’t think adding the n is enough to distance you from the anal thing. I used to be in love with [name]Annalee[/name] too until I had the same comments. I was going to spell it [name]Annelie[/name] if that helps? Two n’s and an e. It’s [name]German[/name] and the name of a [name]German[/name] film from 1941 which I think gives it a bit more history instead of it just being a made up, modern, trendie spelling: Annelie (1941) - IMDb

I know it’s not the same, but what about [name]Amalie[/name]? Kind of missing the point of honouring an [name]Anne[/name] I know!

Best of luck!

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I kind of like [name]Liana[/name] but not enough. Perhaps it could be a middle name. The problem with spelling things with the [name]Anne[/name] is that her name is [name]Ana[/name] and it is pronouced [name]Ah[/name]-Nah (Russian decent). Well, we are just thinking about number 3…so we have some time. We already went down this path with the last baby who is almost a year old and didn’t get very far. We choose [name]Ruth[/name] after another family member. I do semi know an adult [name]Annalee[/name]. I thought about asking her what it was like to grow up with the name and if anal was a big deal.