Analise

I’m I the only one that sees the word “Anal” at first and foremost glance? i keep seeing this name everywhere!

yes but the name is more typically spelled [name]Anneliese[/name] or [name]Annelise[/name]. Which are lovely and don’t look as much like analyze much less ‘anal’

[name]Analise[/name] is an Americanized version of the gorgeous [name]German[/name] name [name]Anneliese[/name]. While “anal” is hidden within that particular spelling, I agree that [name]Anneliese[/name] is a more common spelling.

“Anal” is the first thing I see with that name. That’s one way to make junior high rough.

[name]Anneliese[/name] is the [name]German[/name] spelling. [name]Annaliese[/name] is actually slightly more common (if you combined these two spellings, it would rank on the top 1000), presumably to force people who don’t know better to pronounce that middle vowel. Though if they have to be forced, I doubt they’re getting the ann-a-leez-a pronunciation. I expect many Annelieses are just pronounced the Anglicized way, ann-a-lees, which [name]Annalise[/name] is another spelling of. It’s disappointingly more common than [name]Anneliese[/name] and [name]Annaliese[/name] combined, though I wouldn’t know that from this board where the [name]German[/name] spelling seems to predominate. I rarely see it with only one n.

I see anal. Wish I didn’t, because I want to like the name. I also like [name]Annelie[/name], but my husband points out that that’s just making it too easy for bullies.

Also reminds me of the word “analyse”