Andre, Dante, or Anton

See the results of this poll: Which do you prefer?

Respondents: 18 (This poll is closed)

• Andre Tillery: 1 (6%)
  • Dante Tillery : 11 (61%)
  • Anton Tillery: 6 (33%)

I voted for [name]Dante[/name] which has a cool, modern and sophisticated image with a wonderful literary heritage ( [name]Dante[/name] Alighieri and [name]Dante[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] Rossetti). [name]Andre[/name] and [name]Anton[/name] feel very dated to me. Good luck!

[name]Dante[/name] is definitely the coolest, and probably also the most accessible.

So, really, are [name]Andre[/name] and [name]Anton[/name] that bad? [name]Do[/name] people really like [name]Dante[/name] that much more? The truth is that I much preferred [name]Andre[/name] or [name]Anton[/name] and my husband prefers [name]Dante[/name] and the results of this poll are really not helping my case all that much. We’ve gone through so many lists of boy’s names, and I felt really excited about those two, but I don’t want to make a mistake that my kid would regret later. What are your feelings about [name]Andre[/name] and [name]Anton[/name], why do they not get votes? What am I missing?

I like them all, but they’re all very similar stylistically. I voted for [name]Anton[/name] because I like the fact that it’s not an e (long a sound) ending. But that’s just me. I don’t think [name]Dante[/name] is better obviously, and I don’t think [name]Andre[/name] is worse. I think the names are all a perfect balance of familiarity and uniqueness and you really can’t go wrong with any of them. And they’re so similar in style to me, I really don’t think it has much to do with anything other than personal preference.

I don’t think any of them are bad, it’s just [name]Dante[/name] feels like the best. If you want an opinion on [name]Andre[/name] vs [name]Anton[/name]… I prefer [name]Anton[/name].

I love all three names honestly. [name]Andre[/name] is very similar to our top pick, [name]Andreas[/name]. [name]Dante[/name] is very cool and sophisticated. [name]Anton[/name] is handsome and strong, and actually on my list as well. They are all really great picks, you can go wrong imo. I voted for [name]Dante[/name] only because I’ve never met a little [name]Dante[/name] and I think it would be nice to hear.

None of the other names are bad, per se, but [name]Dante[/name] was an easy pick for me. Also, I hear [name]Anton[/name] quite a lot, and I just can’t imagine a little boy named [name]Andre[/name] for some reason. I think it has something to do with the fact that I have an uncle named [name]Andre[/name], so it always strikes me as an older name. Is Tillery the middle name or the last name? If it is the last name, I think [name]Anton[/name] [name]Dante[/name] or [name]Dante[/name] [name]Anton[/name] sounds kind of nice.