Andrew, Henry, or Maxwell - Vote Please!

See the results of this poll: Select a first name for Thor Johnson

Respondents: 27 (This poll is closed)

• Maxwell Thor Johnson: 9 (33%)
  • Andrew Thor Johnson: 3 (11%)
  • Henry Thor Johnson: 15 (56%)

Well, [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Maxwell[/name] are both more distinguished than [name]Andrew[/name] in my opinion, but I love the handsome, streamlined [name]Henry[/name] over the childish [name]Max[/name]…

My vote is [name]Henry[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] (or Bergthor, if you so choose that middle…)! Good luck!

I like the middle name, but not crazy about the flow of any of the first names with [name]Johnson[/name]. Something to think about:

Google [name]Henry[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]. He was a [name]Sergeant[/name] in the U.S. [name]Army[/name] in 1918 from [name]Albany[/name] NY. Awarded Distinguished Service [name]Cross[/name]. There is a street in [name]Albany[/name] NY named after him.

Google [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]. He was President of the US & twice they tried to impeach him.

Google [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]. Many hits on the name, but if you 411.com the name you will get so many matches that they can’t display them all.

I am expecting too and will be googling names before I make my final decision to see if there are any notable people with the same name. My job is a bit easier because our last name is fairly uncommon.

I voted for [name]Henry[/name] :slight_smile: I love the flow of [name]Henry[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]. With a name like [name]Johnson[/name], there will more than likely be someone from history with a similar name, so I wouldn’t worry too much about “minor” famous people with the same name. I suppose you may want to stay away from Presidents, but even that’s a personal preference. I found out there was a clothing company in the UK with my son’s name before he was born but it didn’t deter us”we loved his name too much! Good luck :slight_smile:

Thanks for the research! We plan to call him [name]Thor[/name], so he will be generally known as [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]. The first name is there for grounding. [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] was an American classical music composer from the mid-1900’s. The only famous [name]Thor[/name] going right now is [name]Thor[/name] Hushovd, a bicycle racer from Norway.

Thanks for the research! We plan to call him [name]Thor[/name], so he will be generally known as [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]. The first name is there for grounding. [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] was an American classical music composer from the mid-1900’s. The only famous [name]Thor[/name] going right now is [name]Thor[/name] Hushovd, a bicycle racer from Norway.[/quote]

Okay, so I read on your other poll that your wife hates [name]Henry[/name]! As much as I am saddened by this, I think maybe I can suggest some more.

Scandinavian Names:

[name]Axel[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Elvis[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - Ha! I’m thinking this will be a no…
[name]Gunner[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Hannes[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Henrik[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Jensen[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - [name]Jensen[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]? …NO…
Langer [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Olin[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - Cool meaning! “Ancestor’s Heir”
[name]Quenby[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Soren[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Tomas[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - Cool spin on a classic!
Torvald [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - It means “[name]Thor[/name]'s [name]Rule[/name]”
[name]Viggo[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - This is one cool name!

English Names (like [name]Adeline[/name]) ending in Y:

[name]Bentley[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Bradley[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - [name]Brad[/name] is a good name to fall back on…
[name]Cary[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Geoffrey[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - This looks very distinguished!
[name]Seeley[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - Cute meaning (i.e., “very happy”)!
[name]Wesley[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]

The Classics:

[name]Adam[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - I’m partial to [name]Ben[/name]!
[name]Julian[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - The ultimate “grounding” name…

And, if it wasn’t clear, my absolute favorite from your girl’s list is [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - so pretty! Does your wife like it?

If you decide on a more Scandinavian choice for a boy, you might like some more Scandinavian names for girls, too:

[name]Anika[/name]
[name]Brigit[/name]
[name]Halle[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name]
[name]Karina[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Sigrid[/name]
[name]Siri[/name]
Sorena

Good luck!

Thanks for the research! We plan to call him [name]Thor[/name], so he will be generally known as [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]. The first name is there for grounding. [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] was an American classical music composer from the mid-1900’s. The only famous [name]Thor[/name] going right now is [name]Thor[/name] Hushovd, a bicycle racer from Norway.[/quote]

Okay, so I read on your other poll that your wife hates [name]Henry[/name]! As much as I am saddened by this, I think maybe I can suggest some more.

Scandinavian Names:

[name]Axel[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Elvis[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - Ha! I’m thinking this will be a no…
[name]Gunner[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Hannes[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Henrik[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Jensen[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - [name]Jensen[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]? …NO…
Langer [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Olin[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - Cool meaning! “Ancestor’s Heir”
[name]Quenby[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Soren[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Tomas[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - Cool spin on a classic!
Torvald [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - It means “[name]Thor[/name]'s [name]Rule[/name]”
[name]Viggo[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - This is one cool name!

English Names (like [name]Adeline[/name]) ending in Y:

[name]Bentley[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Bradley[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - [name]Brad[/name] is a good name to fall back on…
[name]Cary[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Geoffrey[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - This looks very distinguished!
[name]Seeley[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - Cute meaning (i.e., “very happy”)!
[name]Wesley[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]

The Classics:

[name]Adam[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - I’m partial to [name]Ben[/name]!
[name]Julian[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Thor[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - The ultimate “grounding” name…

And, if it wasn’t clear, my absolute favorite from your girl’s list is [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - so pretty! Does your wife like it?

If you decide on a more Scandinavian choice for a boy, you might like some more Scandinavian names for girls, too:

[name]Anika[/name]
[name]Brigit[/name]
[name]Halle[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name]
[name]Karina[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Sigrid[/name]
[name]Siri[/name]
Sorena

Good luck![/quote]

My wife is causing lots of trouble. She grew up on a farm and thinks [name]Elsa[/name] is a cow’s name. Ugh. But we do like [name]Halle[/name] and hadn’t thought of it as a Norwegian name. Thank you for the lists!

[name]Just[/name] so you know, [name]Halle[/name] is a boys name in Norway (prn [name]HAL[/name]-uh).

[name]Hella[/name] is used for girls :slight_smile:

Ha! Good to know.

Ha! Good to know.[/quote]

[name]Do[/name] you live in Norway? If you do, then maybe it is a problem, but considering the celebrity of [name]Halle[/name] Berre in [name]America[/name] and throughout the Hollywood sphere of influence, I think you’d be okay…

[name]Hella[/name] reminds me of, well, hell. I’m sorry your wife thinks [name]Elsa[/name] is a cow name! I guess I can kind of see that, but I love it as a short form of [name]Elizabeth[/name] - so sweet!

So much pressure is put on us parents to be!!!
[name]Hope[/name] my googling didn’t put more pressure on you.
These decisions may shape the futures of our babies.
My hair is graying (more) just thinking about naming my
little one - finding out tomorrow if it’s a boy or girl.

I voted for [name]Henry[/name], with [name]Maxwell[/name] in second place ([name]Max[/name] sounds great to me, not immature at all), and [name]Andrew[/name] in third, because of President [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Johnson[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Henry[/name]. Although I love the name [name]Andrew[/name], it seemed to flow better with mn [name]Thor[/name]…