Anita- what comes to mind?

[name]Do[/name] you love it? Hate it? Does it feel dated? Refreshing? Help!

Initailly I think of [name]Anita[/name] from 101 Dalmations. But she is a good character so that’s not a negative connotation. Honestly after I get passed that I love the name. I think it’s adorable and timeless. I would love to meet a little [name]Anita[/name]. I picture her as a pure sweetheart.

It is my grandmother’s name, but I don’t think that common for old women. I would find it very refreshing on a little girl and an uncommon choice, so very creative as well. I like that it’s a Spanish name but not so Spanish that it would be odd on a non-Spanish little girl, like [name]Maria[/name].

This feels very dated to me. I do not care for it at all. Sorry.

that crazy anti-everyone [name]Anita[/name] ([name]Baker[/name]?) whatever her name was.

it’s just as dated as [name]Annette[/name], for me.

It feels dated to me. Like a 70’s era baby name. I know 2 Anitas One is 33 the other is in her 60’s.

When I think of the name [name]Anita[/name], my mind automatically harks back to gorgeous Swedish actress [name]Anita[/name] Ekberg cavorting in [name]Rome[/name]'s Trevi Fountain with [name]Marcello[/name] Mastroianni in the cult film “La Dolce [name]Vita[/name]”. The second [name]Anita[/name] I can recall is [name]Anita[/name] Pallenberg, who was the girlfriend of two Rolling Stones in the 60’s and 70’s ([name]Brian[/name] [name]Jones[/name] and [name]Keith[/name] [name]Richards[/name]). [name]Both[/name] woman were sexy, exotic, full of energy and vitality so that’s the image I have of the name [name]Anita[/name].
@miloowen - FYI- [name]Anita[/name] [name]Bryant[/name] was the anti-gay opponent. [name]Anita[/name] [name]Baker[/name] is an African-American singer.

Probably one of my first thoughts were of [name]Anita[/name] from [name]West[/name] Side [name]Story[/name]. The best friend, who dated [name]Bernardo[/name], and was all for [name]Maria[/name] and [name]Tony[/name]'s romance until [name]Tony[/name] killed [name]Bernardo[/name]? Anyone remember that :wink: ?
It feels a tad dated, but not as much as the previous posters are saying. If you really love the name then go for it. :smiley:

• [name]Athena[/name]

I like it. These are the things I immediately thought of:

1. A very stylish, eastern African woman of around 30. She’s wearing bright eye make-up, and is tall and quite pretty.
  2. The character from 101 Dalmatians.
  3. A little girl of around 9 wearing ice skates and a figure skating dress. She’s wearing glasses and has short brown hair. She’s skinny too.

I do know a woman who matches the first description named [name]Annette[/name], and I had a friend I went figure skating with (a very long time ago) named [name]Anita[/name].

I don’t necessarily dislike the name itself, but my ear hears I-need-a…
i.e. [name]Anita[/name] [name]Man[/name], or I-need-a (fill in the blank).

All the Anitas I know (of various ages) seem to be really straight laced and judgemental. The gossipy sort who specialize in shame. Probably a coincidence, but that’s what comes to mind for me. The 101 Dalmations character is a much better connotation :slight_smile:

But [name]Annette[/name] is a much prettier name. It doesn’t sound so jagged to my ear, like [name]Anita[/name].

I love [name]Anita[/name]. I vastly prefer [name]Anita[/name] to [name]Annette[/name], which I find incredibly dated and very 70’s.

[name]Anita[/name] is sweet, simple and classic. I also think [name]Anita[/name] ages well.
I know an [name]Anita[/name] and her nicknames are [name]Annie[/name] and [name]Neeta[/name], which are adorable.
She’s a nice girl, too.

If you like it, go for it :smiley:

I think of a [name]Bart[/name] [name]Simpson[/name] joke “Is [name]Anita[/name] Bath there?”

A Hispanic woman rolling tortillas.
That is honestly what my brain immediately conjured up.

I think it’s a pretty name. :slight_smile: Much more substantial than [name]Ann[/name]/[name]Anne[/name].

My darling four year old with big blue eyes :slight_smile: