Annabeth?

What is everyones feeling about Annabeth? We have narrowed our list to:
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
Annabeth ??? ([name]Maeve[/name]?) i want a one syllable name here… [name]Kate[/name] sounds odd with Annabeth to me me… any suggestions?

Annabeth is nice for Dh and i because he LOVES the name [name]Anna[/name]/[name]Annie[/name] but i just do not want that as the formal fn… but i love it as a nn. [name]Elizabeth[/name] is my best friends name, kinda neat to honor her with “beth” (which is what she goes by).
Still love [name]Daphne[/name]… not a HUGE fan of the nn Daph though because i worry it’ll lend itself to [name]Daffy[/name] to easily… but i really like it better than [name]Dee[/name]… so i’d probably end up calling her Daph for short anyway. This name feels very fresh and happy to me…
[name]Vivienne[/name]… went back and forth for [name]EVER[/name] on if i like this spelling. at the end of the day, i like it better than [name]Vivian[/name] spelling… so if i went with this name we’d spell it [name]Vivienne[/name]. nn [name]Vivi[/name], which we love:) it looks long and complicated, but its no longer than [name]Charlotte[/name] or Annabeth… which we both love… or our sons name [name]Sullivan[/name]… so i am over it.
[name]Phoebe[/name]… just so fresh and youthful to me. just not sure i love the SOUND of it (ee-ee) but maybe i am just being to picky. sometimes i say it and love it, other times i say it and think it sounds odd. i love this name though, and love the nn Phee or [name]Bea[/name].

i really think these are our top names… i [name]LOVE[/name] violet but just like these names better. trying to narrow down to 4… then eventually hopefully to 2 for the hospital.

thoughts? you guys have given me SO MUCH input and insight into these names, so i know some of you have already commented on some of these names. any further insights? really want insight/opinions on Annabeth… what do you think? mn options? how does it stack up against my other 3?

I can’t say I like Annabeth, especially next to [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name], but I dislike double names in general. [name]Annie[/name] is really cute though. If you’re looking for a way to get to [name]Annie[/name] without using [name]Anne[/name], [name]Anna[/name], [name]Annabel[/name], or any of the other usual suspects, I recommend [name]Antonia[/name], [name]Anastasia[/name], and [name]Susannah[/name]. In any case, I think you’ve got three great names already.

You have great taste in names. What to choose - [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Vivienne[/name] or Annabeth? Annabeth is actually one of the very few compound names that I like. It has [name]Anna[/name] (a timeless classic name) paired with [name]Beth[/name] (an informal and simple gem) so it has the best of both worlds. [name]Phoebe[/name] is fun and spunky, [name]Vivienne[/name] is elegant and ladylike and [name]Daphne[/name] is ethereal and creative. I guess it depends on what image you are trying to convey by the name you give your daughter. I think that [name]Phoebe[/name] probably would be the best “match” with [name]Sullivan[/name]. Maybe you should take your small list to the hospital with you and “see” what transpires when you first meet your baby. You may favour one name but your daughter may “look” like another name. Good luck!

thanks guys!

mischa- that is very helpful to lay out the names with the “feel” of them:)) i agree, they each have their own personality. it is so hard to choose a name i think because then i know the others won’t be used:( i love all of them!

i agree, compound names are usually nms either, but Annabeth is my fave of the “anna” variety. i am not a fan of [name]Anastacia[/name] or [name]Annette[/name] or [name]Antonia[/name]… and [name]Annabel[/name] is beautiful but i can’t use it due to a close friend who has already named their DD that (which [name]Annabelle[/name] is a compound name also, right? just like [name]Lillianne[/name]?) i think i read a blog post on Nameberry just recently on how compound names are making a big comback;)

anyway- i do think we will wait til we meet her and see what she looks like… but i would [name]LOVE[/name] to narrow it down to just 2 or 3 instead of 4. i know [name]Phoebe[/name] sounds best with [name]Sullivan[/name], but i have tried to NOT think of them as this “unit” for naming, kwim? i read that somewhere, that when naming sibs you should consider your “theme” but not get so overboard as to throw out a name that might be the ONE just becuase it might not sound right with your sib set. i have tried to keep this in mind, because [name]Vivienne[/name] definitely does not fit the sib set (all the V’s) if you look at sound quality. but if you go by origin, [name]Phoebe[/name] may be the best fit (i read somewhere it has some Gaelic or Welsh origin?), Annabeth sounds good with it i think. I find my boys name masculine without being to “strong” or “macho” sounding, kind of on the sweet, endearing side, which i think all of the girls names fit, definitely [name]Phoebe[/name] is a good fit for the feel, but then again i think they all are.

any more advice/opinions on these names or Annabeth? what about the mn for Annabeth?

Since Annabeth is three syllables, I think a two or one syllable middle name is ideal. Here are some suggestions.
Annabeth [name]Grace[/name]
Annabeth [name]Claire[/name]
Annabeth [name]Pearl[/name]
Annabeth [name]Wren[/name]
Annabeth [name]Juno[/name]
Annabeth [name]Charlotte[/name]
Annabeth [name]Maeve[/name]
Annabeth [name]Faith[/name]
Annabeth [name]Eve[/name]
Annabeth [name]Ivy[/name]
Annabeth [name]Rose[/name]
Annabeth [name]Circe[/name]
Annabeth [name]Iris[/name]
Annabeth [name]Margot[/name]
Annabeth [name]Joy[/name]
Annabeth [name]Lily[/name]

Annabeth is one of my favorites! I have checked on Nameberry, and it is actually not listed as a name, and I was very surprised. Here are some mn suggestions:

Annabeth [name]Claire[/name]
Annabeth [name]Maeve[/name]
Annabeth [name]Kate[/name]
Annabeth [name]Elise[/name] :smiley: