Anneke June but need others...HELP!!

if we have a boy he will be [name]Feliks[/name], [name]Milo[/name], or [name]Arlo[/name], and maaaybe henry but likely not henry.
if we have a girl she will be [name]Anneke[/name] [name]June[/name].
BUT we need a back up, or others.
the only other i like is [name]Olive[/name] but not sure if DH is totally sold on it.

my problem is that i love [name]Anneke[/name] (pronounced Ohn-nhe-khe not anne-ika if that makes sense…)
and i love [name]Olive[/name] i think both equally!
and i love [name]Feliks[/name], [name]Milo[/name] both equally.
sigh. im such a bad decision maker.
5 weeks to go… i need help!

[name]Hi[/name]! Did you like any of the suggestions from the other thread? I can’t remember what they were, so I don’t want to repeat anything! :slight_smile:

I love your list! :slight_smile:

And don’t worry…You’ll find good backups! :slight_smile:

Take care…

unfortunately no :frowning: or yes but cant use them because friends kids have the names already. sigh,

Oh, I’m sorry you didn’t find anything that could work. :frowning: I love every name on your list! :slight_smile:

I’m sure that this list will probably include things that have already been suggested, so I’m really, really sorry about that.

Names that remind me of [name]Anneke[/name] or [name]Olive[/name]:

[name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Clea[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Corinna[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Colette[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Della[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Danica[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Evelina[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] (reminds me of [name]Felix[/name])
[name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] (I love [name]Olive[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]!)
[name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Katia[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Polly[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name] (contains the sounds of [name]Anneke[/name])
[name]Willa[/name]

Boys’ names that remind me of [name]Milo[/name] and the others:

[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]William[/name]

Again, I’m really sorry about repeats. …

Good luck! :slight_smile:

i like penelope, nn poppy. its on our short list
like willa. could use a dutch name willemijn (willamain) and nn willa.
like norah, its my nieces’ name :wink:
love matilda. love love love. but unfortunately a friend has a one year old named mathilda. sigh. big big sigh…
like ruby but fear its popularity?

love arlo, its on our short list. one of our tops.
jude is nice as well. was on our list.
jasper is my best friends sons’ name.
like theodore, hate the chipmunk reference.
like ezra but not its religious references.

thanks for the help. guess im all ‘named’ out and it will just come to me. right? right? it will be ok!!? haha

There is a huge style difference between [name]Olive[/name] and [name]Anneke[/name].

I love [name]Anneke[/name] and dislike [name]Olive[/name] but [name]Olivia[/name] is beautiful.

I would always say [name]Ann[/name] eck ah if you don’t like this pronunciation I would choose something else as I think most will say it this way.

Suggestions

[name]Sabine[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name] [name]Junia[/name]
[name]Anneliese[/name] [name]Julia[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Fleur[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Jacqueline[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Heidi[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Willow[/name]

PS If you really, really love [name]Matilda[/name] why not approach your friend and ask her if she would mind if you used the name. My daughter was in the same situation, she spoke to the friend and the friend had no hang ups at all if she wanted to use the name. Communication is the key.

i like penelope, nn poppy. its on our short list
like willa. could use a dutch name willemijn (willamain) and nn willa.
like norah, its my nieces’ name :wink:
love matilda. love love love. but unfortunately a friend has a one year old named mathilda. sigh. big big sigh…
like ruby but fear its popularity?

love arlo, its on our short list. one of our tops.
jude is nice as well. was on our list.
jasper is my best friends sons’ name.
like theodore, hate the chipmunk reference.
like ezra but not its religious references.

thanks for the help. guess im all ‘named’ out and it will just come to me. right? right? it will be ok!!? haha[/quote]

I bet that as soon as you see your baby, one of your favorite names will jump out at you as being perfect for him or her. :slight_smile: (And I really hope you’ll come back and update us!)

I love every name on your list, and every name you just mentioned. :slight_smile:

[name]Don[/name]'t worry, Clear. I honestly don’t think you can go wrong with any of your names, and I think it’s great that you have so many options!

Take care, Clear! :slight_smile:

i dont really care about ‘style’ differences. i like the two names, im not into following trends. and although ihear what you are saying, about the pronunciation, annika is pronounced the way you are saying but i think most ppl would pronounce anneke ohn nhekhe, the way we would pronounce it. it is a european name and we are both european, so i understand many americans or canadians may not understand but we can correct just like my name meghan ppl pronounce sometime meegan and i have to correct them

i think it would be odd to put my friend in that situation, i know how i would feel being approached by a friend to name her daughter the same name as mine. especially so close in age… so i definately wont be using matilda. mn maybe…
i like laurel, i have a student in my office named laurel.
thanks for the suggestions!

@ jill.
thanks so much for your confidence boost! i guess it will just come to us when we meet him or her. i cant wait! i just fear those stories you hear about not knowing what to name the baby. haha!

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: I was worrying that you were fearing one of those stories, but I hope you can feel more confident knowing that in addition to your first choice of names, you’ve got a list of alternates that are just as wonderful as your favorites!

For what it’s worth, I think your taste is fantastic! I mean, look at your list! It’s amazing! :slight_smile: You know what appeals to you and what doesn’t, and the names you love are all in style. All that’s left (aside from giving birth, of course) :slight_smile: is seeing which of the names on your list fits best.

I really can’t wait to see which you choose! :slight_smile:

Take care (and don’t worry)!

[name]Hi[/name] clear thanks for the answer. Isn’t it interesting how in the different parts of the world we have such opposite ways of saying the same name?

I live in Australia so the [name]Anneke[/name] prn would be as explained and while most people would spell [name]Meghan[/name] as [name]Megan[/name] and prn as Meegan I can definitely see others giving you the [name]Meg[/name] prn.

All the best.

[name]Rollo[/name], very interesting! Being in austrailia noone must name their son [name]Milo[/name], isn’t it some type if chocolate drink??? Heh

[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Jessamyn[/name]
[name]Liselotte[/name] nn [name]Lottie[/name] - I’ve decided that this name is fun!
[name]Matilda[/name] - ask your friend if you can use it.
[name]Paulina[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]

I really like tht your top two choices are different from the usual [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Ava[/name]! I’m really sorry for repeats, as I know there will be some as [name]Jill[/name] has already suggested so many great ones!
Names that remind me of Aneke and [name]Olive[/name]…

[name]Nastasia[/name]
[name]Mirielle[/name]
[name]Rivka[/name]
[name]Sofka[/name]
[name]Anika[/name]
Mirieke
[name]Sasha[/name]
[name]Anastasia[/name]

My favourite is [name]Sasha[/name]! Good luck!

i like sasha too, but i think for a boy!

nope wont use matilda. i think it would be rude to ask my friend to use it. it puts her in a spot, ya know? i mean i just think how would i feel in that position. and to my poor baby to name her the same name as one of her probable playmates? just wrong.

thanks for all the help everyone