Annelise Gianna??

Our two top names are:

[name]Annelise[/name] and [name]Gianna[/name]

I’d love to use them both, but the “anne/a” in both of them seems redundant to me. Is it too much to have a little girl named

[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Gianna[/name]??

It’d be an easy way to use both our top names without having to decide.

[name]Gian[/name] [name]Annelise[/name] flows better than [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Gianna[/name] even though the an sound is next to each other.

[name]Gianna[/name] is lovely but I would pair it with another name.

I think it’s nice. The -a at the end actually makes it easier for the words to roll.

[name]Gianna[/name] is Italian for [name]Jane[/name], but [name]Gian[/name] is [name]John[/name]. So don’t lop off the -na without making sure you understand what that does to the name!

Yeah, I do realize that would make it [name]John[/name] in Italian. If not, I would 100% go for

[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Gian[/name]

I do love the Idea of [name]Lily[/name] (my DD nn) and [name]Annie[/name] as nn’s together.

However, I have told my hubby that the nn [name]Annie[/name] might be out, because my nn is “[name]Shannie[/name]” don’t know how having an “[name]Annie[/name]” abd a “[name]Shannie[/name]” in the same house would be. Her nn might end up being Lissi or [name]Elise[/name].

The -anne sound is kind of repetitive in [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Gianna[/name], so I wouldn’t use them together. Maybe something like [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] [name]Gianna[/name] or something else with a second middle name in between [name]Annelise[/name] and [name]Gianna[/name].

[name]Hi[/name]! I know a [name]Gianna[/name] who pronounces her name as “[name]John[/name]-uh,” with two syllables. so [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Gianna[/name] didn’t sound “anne” heavy to me. (Then again, I may be mispronouncing [name]Gianna[/name]…)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

The only [name]Gian[/name] I know is the famous Olympic swimmer from Australia and she is named [name]Gian[/name] [name]Rooney[/name].

too many NN with both names together.

I love the name [name]Annelise[/name], but I have to say that the “anna” in [name]Gianna[/name] is just too similar. I would go with something else.

Hm, I was thinking in Italian about the pronunciation. More like what someone posted about “[name]John[/name]-uh.” Otherwise it may be a little repetitive as other people pointed out. I was thinking “ahn-nah leesah john uh.” Sort of… hard/weird to type out phonetically.