Another A name for Alexander + Aurora's sister?

Hi Berries -

This week’s Name Sage question is about siblings sharing initials.

They have Alexander Richard + Aurora Jean. If this baby was a boy, he would’ve been called August.

But they’re not so sure about a girl. They’ve considered NOT using an A name … but they’re nervous that their daughter might feel left out.

All the details are here - including my picks for them!

Suggestions welcome!

Best,
Abby
The Name Sage

4 Likes

In the As, I like your suggestion of [name_f]Annika[/name_f] for this family. Going with their choice of [name_u]August[/name_u] for a girl could work too.

[name_f]Avril[/name_f]
[name_u]Anne[/name_u] / [name_f]Annie[/name_f]
[name_f]Autumn[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Alicia[/name_f]

Ultimately I say go with [name_u]Willow[/name_u]. If you’re worried she’ll be left out, maybe go with an A middle, [name_u]Willow[/name_u] [name_u]August[/name_u]. It sounds like [name_u]Willow[/name_u] is her name! If you did have more kids after her, I’d go with a non-A name after that.

1 Like

[name_f]Adelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ainslee[/name_f]
[name_f]Alessia[/name_f]
[name_f]Alina[/name_f]
[name_f]Allegra[/name_f]
[name_u]Alma[/name_u]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_u]Andrea[/name_u]
[name_f]Aoife[/name_f]
[name_f]Athena[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Aveline[/name_f]
[name_f]Avalon[/name_f]

1 Like

What about:

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Anabel[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Alicia[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]

1 Like

I love [name_u]August[/name_u] for a girl, too.
Also:
[name_f]Amabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Azalea[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Abrielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Angelique[/name_f]

Personally, I’d much prefer that my parents gave me the name they loved for ME, rather than something they just picked out because it had the same starting letter as my siblings. When I think back to my own childhood or my kid’s friends and schoolmates, I can think of lots of sibsets where 2 children shared an initial and the other(s) didn’t. [name_m]Even[/name_m] as a name obsessed person, I never noticed. You loved your first 2 children’s names; give the third that same gift. There’s more than 1 way to feel left out.

5 Likes

I don’t think it would be odd to use a non A name. Two is just a coincidence -three makes a pattern. [name_u]Willow[/name_u] is beautiful!

I also like your suggestions of [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_f]Anya[/name_f]

Alexander, Aurora, and…

Audrey
Annalise
Abigail
Adelaide

[name_u]Willow[/name_u] is a sweet name but I totally understand why they feel the need to choose an A name. :relaxed:

Some suggestions:

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_f]Adela[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_f]Allegra[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_f]Alora[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]

I hope they find the ONE! :relaxed:

I personally would probably pick a name I loved rather than a name that fits a theme if it’s [name_u]Willow[/name_u] you love go for it !

[name_u]Or[/name_u] make up a new theme !

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_u]Willow[/name_u] all are Disney characters (albeit [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] was a minor character )

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] share an A but [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_u]Willow[/name_u] share 6 letters and a more nature boho vibe.

If you feel an A is something you don’t want to stray from I love the suggestion [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] (all three could than also be place names)

I also love
[name_f]Avis[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f]
Audrey/ [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]
[name_u]Ainsley[/name_u]
[name_u]Abilene[/name_u]
Adrienne/ [name_f]Adrianna[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Annalise[/name_f] or [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] :white_heart:

[name_u]Willow[/name_u] [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] if you love it but if not…maybe [name_f]Willa[/name_f] to create a pattern with the girls ending in A. I love Allora also, but think it may be too close to [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], here are my A suggestions:

[name_f]Adella[/name_f]

[name_f]Arionna[/name_f]

[name_f]Augustina[/name_f]

[name_f]Augusta[/name_f]

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]

I think you should go with Willow if that is your absolute favorite. Agatha is beautiful too and Abbys suggestion of Avalon is great.

Thought of Elowen for some reason, not an A name but thought it might fit your style and love it with Alexander, Aurora and Elowen.

Or maybe you could do Aluna rather then Luna.

I also love Alula for you: Alexander, Aurora and Alula.

Good luck!

[name_f]Amelie[/name_f] and [name_f]Annika[/name_f] are two of my favorite A names! [name_u]August[/name_u] or [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] also work for girls. I agree you can veer away from A though especially since your name is not an A name. That could also be neat- to go with a C so you and baby girl have the same initial…

[name_f]Annika[/name_f] was the first thing that came to mind when I read the title. Otherwise, [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Angela[/name_f], [name_f]Aristella[/name_f], [name_f]Astrid[/name_f], [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] and [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] would work.

[name_f]My[/name_f] cousin has 2 girls and a boy. Both girls’ have a K name and their boy has a B name, which matches their parents. He doesn’t feel left out.

In my family, my parents and brothers all have a J name, whether it be first or middle, and I do not. I have never felt left out at all. As long as they give her a meaningful name, it won’t matter to their daughter.

I like [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] with [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f].

Other A names:
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Alicia[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Annaliese[/name_f]
[name_f]Amabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f]
[name_u]Alma[/name_u]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_u]Andrea[/name_u]
[name_f]Annalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]

1 Like

A names I love are [name_f]Annalise[/name_f] and [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f].

I think that your picks [name_f]Athena[/name_f], [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], and [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] for the couple’s style the best. Other suggestions that I would throw in would be:

Althea/Anthea

[name_f]Annelise[/name_f]

Astra/Aster/Asta

[name_f]Apolline[/name_f]

[name_f]Astraea[/name_f]

[name_f]Athalia[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite combo is [name_u]Aster[/name_u] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]! I also think [name_u]Willow[/name_u] would be a great first name regardless of her siblings!

[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f]
[name_f]Alba[/name_f]
[name_f]Aleta[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Allegra[/name_f]
[name_u]Alma[/name_u]
[name_f]Alta[/name_f]
[name_f]Amanda[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]
[name_f]Angela[/name_f]
[name_f]Ann[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_u]Anne[/name_u]
[name_u]Antonia[/name_u]
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u]
[name_f]Athena[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]

I think they should use [name_u]Willow[/name_u]. It’s clearly her favourite and [name_u]Willow[/name_u] is absolutely perfect with [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] - they both have six letters and both are nature names and slightly witchy, as the OP wrote. [name_u]Willow[/name_u] [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] is just perfection.

If they do ultimately decide they want to stick with an A name, then my vote goes to [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] first and foremost, then either [name_f]Allegra[/name_f], [name_f]Aveline[/name_f], [name_f]Annika[/name_f], [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] or [name_f]Amelie[/name_f].

2 Likes