Another question about isadora

[name]Isis[/name] or in original more likely Aset (Ancient Greek: Ἶσις) is a goddess in Ancient Egyptian religious beliefs, whose worship spread throughout the [name]Greco[/name]-[name]Roman[/name] world. She was worshipped as the ideal mother and wife as well as the matron of nature and magic. She was the friend of slaves, sinners, artisans, and the downtrodden, and she listened to the prayers of the wealthy, maidens, aristocrats, and rulers.[1] [name]Isis[/name] is the goddess of motherhood, magic and fertility.

^^^^ the above is from a website, stating the meaning of [name]Isis[/name], which is what [name]Isadora[/name] means, “gift from [name]Isis[/name]”. I personally think it’s a beautiful name and meaning, but wanted to get other opinions. I’m loving this name, but a few folks have said they wouldn’t use it due to the meaning… Am I missing something bad about the meaning?

I like [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] or [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Violet[/name].

I love the name, and the meaning is beautiful. Maybe some people wouldn’t use it because they don’t worship Ancient Egyptian gods? I think regardless of that it’s a beautiful name. [name]Both[/name] your combinations are gorgeous!

The only thing I can think of is that some people do not want to give their children a name that is tied to an ancient deity. I would assume these same people would also not give their children names from other mythologies as well (Greek, Norse, etc.). Personally, I like both [name]Isis[/name] and [name]Isadora[/name] and used to have both on my list.

I [name]LOVE[/name] both your combo’s!! I love the meaning of the name [name]Isadora[/name] and I am a little suprised you have heard negative comments about the meaning!? " [name]Isis[/name] is the goddess of motherhood, magic and fertility." Wonderful!!!

[name]LOVE[/name] both and both are on my list.

[name]Every[/name] time I hear the name [name]Isadora[/name], I think of [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Duncan[/name]. She was a somewhat avant-guard dancer and very racy for her time. She was strangled when her scarf got tangled in the wheel of a motor car.