Antagonist Names

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone!

I’m in the midst of writing my first screenplay but have had quite the difficult time choosing a name for the antagonist. The story follows a teenage girl [name_f]Violet[/name_f], who along with her friends embark on their summer vacation before they begin college in the fall. After their graduation, [name_f]Violet[/name_f] meets misunderstood bad boy who she not so slowly begins to fall for. As she gets to know him, a series of chilling events take place which slowly but surely makes each character question one another as the summer becomes something none of them ever expected.

The character in question, has an incredibly dark story and this shows in his day to day as he is not social whatsoever and is easily perceived as the “weirdo” or “creepy kid” by his peers and others in his community. He’s a total outcast from society. Saying this, there is an attraction to him. Think someone similar to JD from Heathers lol. I initially thought of the name [name_m]Jax[/name_m] but as I write I’m unsure of how it sounds and if it brings tackiness to the character? I also wanted the screenplay to have more of a 90s feel to it, it’s set in present day but I just love the aesthetic and felt it would work best for the story, if that sways any suggestions of yours!

I would really appreciate any names first and last that you think would fit this character, and cannot wait to hear your ideas!

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Your screenplay sounds so good! I want to see it! :smiley: I don’t know if [name_m]Jax[/name_m] fits. It does sound a little too modern.
Some ideas that occurred to me were:
[name_m]Trevor[/name_m]
[name_m]Jacob[/name_m]/Jay
[name_u]Nico[/name_u]
[name_u]Lincoln[/name_u]
[name_u]Dylan[/name_u]
[name_m]Marko[/name_m]
[name_u]Lex[/name_u]

1 Like

Wow that sounds amazing!

No, I don’t think that [name_m]Jax[/name_m] is tacky for the character! I think [name_m]Jax[/name_m] fits very well!!

Other ideas:
[name_m]Ty[/name_m] ([name_m]Tybalt[/name_m], [name_m]Tyrone[/name_m])
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]
[name_m]Dominic[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m]
[name_u]Julian[/name_u]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u]
[name_m]Jake[/name_m]/Jacob/Coby
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]

1 Like

I think [name_m]Jax[/name_m] sounds very good and not at all tacky.
[name_m]How[/name_m] about:
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u]
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m]
[name_m]Lorcan[/name_m]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]( you could use [name_m]Jax[/name_m] as a nn for this one although it might be a stretch)
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Milton[/name_m]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m]/ [name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_f]Rion[/name_f]
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!:grin:

1 Like

Thinking back to highschool for some 90s feels…
[name_m]How[/name_m] about:

Shane
[name_m]Jonathon[/name_m]
[name_m]Anthony[/name_m]
[name_m]Paul[/name_m]
[name_m]Damon[/name_m]
[name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Chris[/name_u]
[name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Ben[/name_m]
[name_m]Stuart[/name_m]
[name_m]Josh[/name_m]