Anubis?

[name_f]My[/name_f] boyfriend and I have talked about kids and names recently and he mentioned that he likes the name [name_m]Anubis[/name_m]. His family has a bit of a trend with Egyptian God names, with his mom being named [name_m]Osiris[/name_m] and grandma being [name_f]Iris[/name_f]. He really wants to keep up that little tradition. I love this idea and I think it’s super cute but there’s not a lot of good Egyptian God names, other than [name_m]Osiris[/name_m] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] but I don’t want to reuse them. 
 [name_m]Anubis[/name_m] is one he brought up, at first I hated it, but he mentioned calling the baby by the nickname “Anu” (pronounced like onnu) and that is just too adorable. I also love the nickname “Ani” (onnie). 
 Honestly [name_m]Anubis[/name_m] has grown on me because of these nicknames but I worry that the actually name is too much for a baby, a little too out there. What does everyone think? Is it useable? And if not then does anyone have suggestions?

I certainly think it’s usable! I think [name_m]Anubis[/name_m] stands out and is super interesting while also seems to fit in with modern trends.

Here are some other names I think you might like:

Amun
Montu
Onuris
Serapis
Ptah
Mihos

1 Like

I think it would be cute, but I do have a slight problem with the association of [name_m]Anubis[/name_m]. He is like the god of death in Egyptian mythology, so that is the only place that I would hesitate, otherwise I think it’s neat.
Also there are quite a few other Egyptian god names that could be very cute, even if they aren’t well known!

[name_m]Horus[/name_m] (technically he’s the son of [name_m]Osiris[/name_m] and [name_f]Isis[/name_f], so that could be a cool link)
Thoth
Geb
Sobek
Amun
Khonsu
Aten
Khepri

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] these help! :blush:

i don’t know much about mythology so my only association is the drag queen [name_m]Anubis[/name_m] who was on RuPaul’s drag race UK. She’s not extremely well know but that just happens to be my first though :sweat_smile: