Anwen/Anwyn

what do you think of [name]Anwen[/name]/[name]Anwyn[/name]?
first and only time i heard this name i was a teenager and saw it in birth announcement sp [name]Anwyn[/name]. since ive only seen it sp anwyn thats the sp of choice for me and i think it just looks prettier that way.

what mn would you pair with it? first thing that comes to mind is [name]Anwyn[/name] [name]Laurel[/name] [name]Bethany[/name] or [name]Anwyn[/name] [name]Bethany[/name] [name]Laurel[/name]/[name]Lauren[/name]. simply because my mn [name]Lorene[/name] is after my aunt [name]Lorena[/name] and always thought another laur- name would be nice. and my 3 sil are anna, anna and anothers mn is bethany which i think is pretty. i get along great with them and i think it would be so nice for my dd to be named for her aunts as i was named after mine :slight_smile:
or another combo which is probably nicer [name]Anwyn[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name] or [name]Anwyn[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] for both of my grandmothers.
what do you think?

[name]Love[/name] [name]Anwen[/name] as you can see from my signature, it’s Welsh (like me lol) and means very pretty or very fair :slight_smile:

I would urge you to spell it [name]Anwen[/name] though as this is the correct spelling and wyn endings in Welsh indicate male names (wen’s for girls).

My baby sister has an [name]Anwen[/name] in her class in school and shes nn [name]Annie[/name] too which is adorable :slight_smile:

I think since the An in [name]Anwen[/name] already honours her aunts maybe honouring your grandmothers would be a nice idea :slight_smile: I prefer [name]Anwen[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name] because I think [name]Anwen[/name] and [name]Evelyn[/name] back to back is a bit rhymey. I also really like [name]Anwen[/name] [name]Bethany[/name] [name]Laurel[/name] - all 3 names are so pretty :slight_smile:

thanks for the reply! wow didnt realize there were other anwens out there:)
i ran it past my hubby and he liked it cuz it reminded him of [name]Lord[/name] of the Rings. he likes it better sp of [name]Anwen[/name]…he said hed actually let me use it…which is cool cuz i could actually see myself using it!
i like how it goes with our other girls names too [name]Tess[/name] ([name]Tessie[/name]), [name]Adelaide[/name] ([name]Addie[/name]) and [name]Anwen[/name] ([name]Annie[/name])

Aww that’s awesome, it pairs so perfectly with your other daughters names!

[name]Tess[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Anwen[/name] - perfect! I love all 3 names :slight_smile: I’m glad your hubby likes it too :slight_smile:

I don’t know how many [name]Anwen[/name]'s are out there in the world but I live in [name]Wales[/name] so although it’s not common here it is heard of. 24 were born in the UK in 2008 and I would hazard a guess that at least 23 were born in [name]Wales[/name] hehe. I definitely think the name is deserving of more use though, so many Welsh names are inaccessable to non-Welsh speakers (Gwenllian and Arianrhod spring to mind lol) but [name]Anwen[/name] would easily fit into an English speaking world in my opinion, especially with the nn’s [name]Annie[/name] or [name]Winnie[/name].

Are you excpecting or just planning ahead? Either way, best of luck!! :slight_smile: