ANY name will fit your child regardless of the way she looks

Deleting…

I disagree. What would you think if you met a blond hair/blue eyed boy named [name]Muhammed[/name]? Or an [name]Asian[/name] boy named [name]Pablo[/name]? It would be odd. I think you know in your heart whether or not a name suits your baby even before they are born. I am pregnant with my third and there are names I have always liked that don’t feel right for this baby. The name I have chosen is one I never considered before this pregnancy but it just feels like his name. I try to think of other names and I keep coming back to the same name. Parents should listen to their intuition when naming a baby.

delete

I agree they should listen to their intution, but yes for some people ethnic names may be a consideration. If I met any of the names you listed, I would think wow, what a great looking child and his name is [name]Muhammed[/name], I guess his parents felt he was a [name]Muhammed[/name], who I am to judge? For the record, Im not talking about ethnic names as you mentioned, Im talking about well used names, such as [name]Lilah[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Ava[/name], etc. they can fit red, blond, or brown haired children, to say otherwise is trivial and parents should disregard.[/quote]

I think people are just playing around when they ask “how do you picture [name]Julia[/name]?,” or “my kids are all dark-haired, does that sound like a [name]Max[/name]?” I seriously doubt that anyone decides not to name their child [name]Emily[/name] because someone else thinks [name]Emily[/name] sounds like a curly-haired blonde. The exception would be someone wondering about a non-redhaired [name]Ginger[/name] or a dark-skinned [name]Flavia[/name], and I think those are legitimate considerations. Overall, though, I doubt anyone takes this too seriously.

I agree that a blonde haired boy named [name]Mohammed[/name] would be quite jarring, but that has more to do with the origin of a name and the ethnicity of a person ([name]Parvati[/name] is probably [name]Indian[/name], [name]Pablo[/name] is probably Hispanic, etc) and I agree with what I think [name]Plato[/name] is saying. I think it’s pretty pointless when people post questions on what other people think an [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Theodora[/name], or whatever, would look like. If it’s just for fun, then there’s of course nothing wrong with it, but I don’t think people should really take other people’s opinions to heart. I mean, to me [name]Eloise[/name] would be blonde and blue eyed, while someone else could imagine her with dark hair and skin. Everyone has different associations.