Any thoughts on website update?

They removed them. There were a lot of back and forth (arguments) and negativity so they decided not to keep the comments.

aww there were some real gems in there! Like people telling beautiful stories about how they used the name…

6 Likes

Yeah but I hope snarky descriptions of names are gone because it was so immature

1 Like

They’ve been going through and trying to update those. I don’t remember, but I think there is a thread to leave a message on about name issues like this. @katinka?

1 Like

Sorry to pile on here - I just tend to browse nameberry with my morning coffee so noticing things now. :coffee: On the main page, when you click on the Home button in the menu where you also have Account, Log Out, Advanced search, Boy names, Girl names

It takes you to https://nameberry.com/index.html which doesn’t seem to exist anymore (I get a 404 not found error).

1 Like

@RelaxationVacation @shells15 This is the thread for reporting problems with name entries:

2 Likes

Thank you, @Luminen. I thought there was one somewhere.

1 Like

Can’t seem to add the names to my list! Comments for names are gone and there’s no longer the unisex name symbol! If you could tell me how to add a name to my list that would really make my day! Also, my names aren’t in alphabetical order! They were, until I get to the W names, all the names seem to be mixed up

What do you mean by you can’t add a name to your list? Favorites list? User created list?

@RelaxationVacation @numberonebreadstick
As for comments on names, see :point_down:

Hmm, I reckon that’s not caused by the website update since forums use a different software, unrelated to the rest of the site.

2 Likes

User-created lists. Button to add it is no longer there (the pink paper-shaped one on the old one)

I went into my user-created list and hit edit at the bottom of the page. I could type a name there. Then hit save.

Here’s an example of where you would type a name. There is a box for boys’ names and a box for girls’ names.

There are 2 “unisex names” section and none of them works

2 Likes

I’m having trouble resetting my password… the email link I am sent leads me to a 404 page

1 Like

Same! I couldn’t sign in at first!

2 Likes

@RelaxationVacation I know there was no save button on there earlier, so they may be working on adding that. That may be why it’s not working at the moment, but I could be wrong.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the reccomended names (when you are on a name page) have changed because they are a lot more stylistically matched to the name… maybe it’s just my imagination

2 Likes

This is not good at all. Please do send me any further details via PM if you can remember anything else.

@Luminen @shells15 @ethelmary

If anyone has any screenshots or more information about this error, please do PM me as a matter of urgency.

5 Likes

Sent pm on the topic matter at hand

[name_m]Can[/name_m] you tell me the URL the password reset link is trying to send you to?

1 Like