Any thoughts on website update?

If you scroll down on each name’s page, the popularity is still there. It’s just not in the same place anymore.
This is for [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], below Origin & Meaning and Rank in the US Top 2000:

2 Likes

I don’t mind it. [name_f]My[/name_f] only quibble is that the notes has been taken away from the lists. Before I had noted how my favourites had moved on the previous 2 popularity list for [name_f]England[/name_f] and [name_m]Wales[/name_m], now it’s just gone. And they previously automated to alphabetical order but now the most recent additions just hang at the end of the list. :frowning:

1 Like

So I noticed that when I’m on mobile the site doesn’t work. I either crashes or it doesn’t load and gives me error pages. It works fine when I’m on computer but not mobile.

2 Likes

@leafygreens @MagnoliaE @elanorelle

These issues are all on the list to be fixed.

@jjayx

Oh dear, sorry about that! Yes, as far as I know the new format doesn’t allow for descriptions within lists. I’ll ask about it.

2 Likes
  • The issues with accessing “Account” should now be fixed, please PM me or @ me if you are still experiencing it.

• The “a problem repeatedly occurred” errors should also be fixed. Again, please let me know if it’s still an issue for you.

• The unisex names making you select gender twice is now fixed.

• Search should now be working on mobile (but you still have to be in landscape to see the bar; we’re working on adding it in portrait too).

• Advanced search fixed.

• Portrait/landscape issues on mobile should be fixed.

• The NB tab icon is back at the top.

5 Likes

Besides the facts that I can’t comment on names (annoying) & that I can finally get into blog posts w/o going into incognito (yay!), I don’t see any differences.

I don’t know if this is a change up that was intended or a weird glitch. I went in to look at my notifications on the forum this morning (mobile) and the list is not auto populating as I scroll down. [name_u]Haven[/name_u]’t tried on my pc yet.

ETA: Just tried on my pc. The notifications list isn’t auto-populating as a scroll down on here either.

Thank you, @katinka & the NB team! I’m sure this has been a crazy 24 hours with all of these problems coming in one after another, but I appreciate your hard work to get the issues fixed for us so quickly. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thank you to the nameberry team for fixing all of these so quickly! :heart:

Portrait/landscape basically works for me now (on an iPhone), but I get a slight glitch if I go into landscape mode and then back into portrait.

So portrait looks fine at first:

Landscape looks fine:

Back to portrait from landscape - menu items (News, Forums, Pregnancy and [name_u]Baby[/name_u]) suddenly overlap with the top of the page (just over the nameberry logo):

3 Likes

On the games forum I tried scrolling down like I usually do and it stops and won’t go any further.

2 Likes

This bug is back indeed :frowning:

@Luminen

Thanks! That one is on the list.

@namefan @EvaThyssen

Oh no! I’ll let the tech team know. Which pages is this on? Is it within categories or within individual topics or both?

1 Like

Maia name page

I assume you’re not predicting the future :grin:

That’s exactly what that is! :grin: Based on their past trajectory and the past trajectories of currently popular names, that’s the predicted rank in 2028.

2 Likes

Okaay but then it needs an explanation :grin:

You should be able to click it and get taken to the main 2028 page

2 Likes

I haven’t noticed any issues with individual topics, but in the general “[name_u]Baby[/name_u] Name Games” category it won’t let me scroll down to see topics (I’m on a Windows 10 desktop).

2 Likes

Yeah I’m having issues scrolling down on the BNG section to see more things there.

This is what it looks like for me

Just popping in to say it’s all working fine for me :slight_smile: I had a couple of issues yesterday with the account page but left it to see if they were just teething problems and it appears they were as everything is running well now and displaying how it should. Thank you for all of your hard work mods!

1 Like

@kidpix21 @EvaThyssen @namefan

I have checked the official Discourse site and this is actually a bug in the latest update of the Discourse software itself, and they’re working on a fix.

2 Likes