Anya or Annika?

See the results of this poll: Which name do you prefer?

Respondents: 18 (This poll is closed)

• Anya: 7 (39%)
  • Annika: 11 (61%)

[name]Anya[/name] is Russian and [name]Annika[/name] is Swedish. I like both of them but I think [name]Anya[/name] is more exotic and romantic while [name]Annika[/name] is more girly and spunky. Which image would you like to convey?

Such a hard choice as I adore them both, today I’ll go for [name]Annika[/name] because I think it sounds spunkier and thats the kind of mood I am in, but I agree that it depends on what you are going for, I’d say [name]Anya[/name] was more elegant and [name]Annika[/name] more playful.

~[name]Elena[/name]

I say [name]Annika[/name] today, but I love them both! I agree that [name]Anya[/name] seems more romantic/exotic and [name]Annika[/name] girly/spunky.

Thanks for the opinions! I agree [name]Annika[/name] seems more spunky and playful, I like names that have more of a tomboy feel I think. Part of me still really likes [name]Anya[/name] too, but definitely leaning more toward [name]Annika[/name]. Any thoughts on sibling names? I have a really hard time figuring out what works with [name]Annika[/name], especially for sisters. Nothing too long or girly, would appreciate suggestions!

I [name]LOVE[/name] both, in fact, with my last baby, I considered both of them. [name]Anya[/name] is still on my list in case this one doesn’t come out looking like a [name]Lena[/name] (my current top choice). [name]Annika[/name] is the name of a former coworker’s daughter. He is from Norway, and it sounds so cool. But I also still associate with all my old coworkers, so it’d be kinda weird. But I love it just as much!

Any middle name ideas?

Thanks! I was thinking some variation of [name]Annika[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] or [name]Annika[/name] [name]June[/name] to honor my mother ([name]Carol[/name] [name]June[/name]). Also thinking about 2 middles, which would allow me to incorporate a fun name that I like in addition to the family name. Some I have thought of:
[name]Annika[/name] [name]Harper[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Annika[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Annika[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]True[/name]
[name]Annika[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
I am definitely open to suggestions though!

My baby sister is [name]Anja[/name] and gets tons of compliments on her name.

I love [name]Annika[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]True[/name] and [name]Annika[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Hope[/name]! Funny, because I know an [name]Anneke[/name] (same pronounciation, different spelling, though I prefer [name]Annika[/name]) with a sister [name]Caroline[/name]. The whole family (5 girls!) is [name]Kelsey[/name], [name]Samantha[/name], [name]Anneke[/name], [name]Zoe[/name], and [name]Caroline[/name].