Anyone experience positive VBAC after failure to progress with previous labour?

I’m pregnant with baby2 and talking over delivery options with hubby and dr. (Live in the uk)
Baby1 [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] was measuring large - especially stomach measuring larger than head which lead to concerns over baby getting stuck halfway out.
[name_m]Long[/name_m] story short, we agreed to go through induction process starting at 40 weeks, 2 pessaries, waters broken at 1cm, drip to speed up contractions, 19 hours and 3 cm dialated. I developed an infection and Drs were stronger with suggestions for cs, I was exhausted and did decide on the cs as Drs said at next 4hrs check they would probably make the decision for us for the cs.
Considering I lasted through 19 hours of very strong contractions with gas and air and 2 doses of diamorphone, I do feel positive about the idea of letting my body go into labour naturally and seeing if I can do it without all the interference I experienced last time.
As I didn’t progress past 3cm I’m concerned that if I don’t progress at a steady rate with this labour I will end up having a cs anyway.
All examinations during last labour and pre labour showed cervix wasn’t favourable, high and tilted backwards, unsure if this is something that is part of my physical make up or whether I just wasn’t ready to deliver.
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] wasn’t ‘engaged’ to come out, not sure if this is likely to happen with this pregnancy.
Big baby- [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] was 9lbs 10oz and his stomach was larger than his head ( possibly due to pyloric stenosis which was discovered and corrected at 3 weeks pp).
Want to avoid: cs due to infection, intervention to start labour (plus intervention to break waters if possible /unless this is late in labour process).
Last time I was terrified of epidural but having had the spinal block I’m not concerned about that this time so I could have some more rest this time.
I do want to have three children so this won’t be the last and I understand that in the uk if you have cs with first 2 then third baby is definitely cs so that’s another reason to try for the VBAC

If this baby is measuring especially large and stomach bigger than head then it looks like we will go for the planned cs.
Otherwise I think I would like to try the VBAC, Dr has suggested extra scans at 28,30,32.34.36 weeks to keep an eye on general size and stomach size. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] to have a plan at 32 weeks.

Has anyone had a similiar experience? I would love to hear from you- what you decided and how is all went.