Aquinnah?

I posted a little while ago about naming my niece/nephew. [name]Sister[/name] is [name]Cheyenne[/name] [name]Joyce[/name] ([name]Chey[/name]). For a girl here are some options I like, wdyt?

[name]Arabella[/name]- Although she has a second cousin [name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name]
[name]Aquinnah[/name] (this is my fav. nn [name]Quinn[/name], but can we get away with a [name]Cheyenne[/name] and an [name]Aquinnah[/name] if we live in Australia?)

Thanks

I really like [name]Aquinnah[/name] with [name]Cheyenne[/name]. They both have the same flavor and aren’t too terribly culturally distinct. (I know they’re both Native American placenames, but to me they feel more like American names than [name]Indian[/name] names like [name]Sioux[/name], Navajo, or Cherokee might be.)

The advantage to being in AUS is you’re probably not going to get raised eyebrows if you’re not actually Native American. I would guess that most people won’t get the connection there, but they might if you lived in the midwest US.

Good [name]Luck[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name]!

Is [name]Aquinnah[/name] the favorite of the parents, too? I don’t know about naming in Australia, but [name]Cheyenne[/name] has a soft, comfortable feel that I don’t think is captured with [name]Aquinnah[/name], personally.

I love - love, love, love! - [name]Delaney[/name] with [name]Cheyenne[/name], though! I’d name her [name]Delaney[/name] [name]Quinn[/name], I think, or [name]Delaney[/name] [name]Claire[/name]. What do you - or, more importantly, her parents - think of that?

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name]! I’m glad you were able to come up with some names! :slight_smile:

[name]Arabella[/name]: I love it, but I can better see some of the others with [name]Cheyenne[/name].

[name]Camille[/name]: Ditto…

[name]Scarlett[/name]: Ditto…

[name]Delaney[/name]: I can see [name]Delaney[/name] with [name]Cheyenne[/name]…

[name]Tallulah[/name]: I can better see some of the others with [name]Cheyenne[/name]…

[name]Aquinnah[/name] (this is my fav. nn [name]Quinn[/name], but can we get away with a [name]Cheyenne[/name] and an [name]Aquinnah[/name] if we live in Australia?): I love [name]Aquinnah[/name] with [name]Cheyenne[/name]! [name]Aquinnah[/name] is a beautiful place on [name]Martha[/name]'s Vineyard, and I love how both names are Native American in origin. Aside from that, both names have such a peaceful feel to me, and I can see their future siblings having nature names.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I find [name]Aquinnah[/name] makes me think of [name]Thomas[/name] Aquinas. Like you were really hoping for a boy to call Aquinas, but she came out a suprise so you scrambled a girlish ending on it. Or ‘Equine’.