Archer for a girl?

Hello Berries.
[name]Just[/name] wanted to know your thoughts on the name [name]Archer[/name] for a girl. I suggested it to DH as a boys name, but he said he liked it better as a girls name. I was not at all sold on the idea, however, I put forth the name to family and friends, and their reaction was (surprisingly to me) very positive. WDYT?
Thank you for time and thoughts in advance.

I personally prefer on a boy, there are lots of girl names out there. I’m not keen of boy names going on girls because it’s only one way, I mean no one would name their boy [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Rachel[/name]… this is just my opinion though

I hate it, personally. I just don’t see the appeal. [name]Harper[/name], maybe. But I just can’t get into [name]Archer[/name] for a girl.

I really like it. When I first saw it, I honestly thought of it as a girl’s name, then I found out it’s mostly used for boys shock. But I think it’s sorta like [name]Piper[/name] or [name]Harper[/name]. In fact, I like it better for a girl than [name]Piper[/name] or [name]Harper[/name].

To me, it’s only OK as either a boy or girl name.

What about [name]Afton[/name]?

I’m with yw2 personally. I’m also sort of with dayjoysky in not loving it (but it’s fine), and I do really love [name]Afton[/name] as a unisex girls name starting with A.

I think it would be a very empowering name for a girl, but may be too confusing in real life, later in life, on paperwork and such (people form opinions based on names sometimes). I was thinking [name]Archer[/name] could work as a nn for Archina, feminine variant of [name]Archibald[/name]. And [name]Archer[/name] is not strictly a male name. All gender-neutral word names are unisex.

To my surprise, I like it. [name]Archer[/name] for girl is unusual, strong, but also cute. If you’re not sure about it, I say put it on the middle.

I don’t like it. But I really don’t like a lot of unisex names…

All occupational names are masculine because there was a time when only men had those occupations. Once women started having these jobs these were no longer “boy names”. Now personal tastes determine the gender of these unisex names. To me [name]Harper[/name] & [name]Sawyer[/name] are all boy while I prefer [name]Page[/name]/[name]Paget[/name] & [name]Forest[/name] for a girl and [name]Spencer[/name] & [name]Sage[/name] equally for both genders

I’m not crazy about [name]Archer[/name] for either gender so I wouldn’t be bothered by a little lady [name]Archer[/name]. However [name]Archer[/name] is mostly used for boys and not everyone is a name nerd that understands that the name is unisex so be prepared for negativity.

I like [name]Archer[/name] … Seems to be some what different and unique…

There are a lot of unisex name haters on this site, but I’m not one of them. I think it’s adorable and unique. If you like it, use it! :stuck_out_tongue:

I sort of see it as a boys’ name.
I agree with the person who said that [name]Harper[/name] and [name]Piper[/name] are similar to [name]Archer[/name] but better for girls.