Ardelia?

I found this whilst reading ‘[name]Silence[/name] of the Lambs’ and I’d never heard of it before. It’s really grown on me now, I think it sounds like a softer [name]Cordelia[/name] which I also like. What does everyone else think? And also can anyone tell me what it means? Nameberry had a limited entry for [name]Ardelia[/name]…

This is a Latin name which is the feminine form of Ardos- a name which means “industrious and energetic”

I don’t usually like names that start with Ar-, and I don’t really like names that end with -elia, so the sound’s not for me at all. Sorry!

I kind of really like it! It’s like a smush of [name]Aurelia[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name], both names of which I adore. I wonder about its origins, though…

Its interesting…like the poster above me said, it seems like a mashup of [name]Aurelia[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name]. I don’t love it, but it might grow on me.

Thank-you! I really like that meaning:) [name]Ardelia[/name] is just growing on me more and more!

Thanks to everyone else for sharing your thoughts, that’s an interesting concept of it being a mash up of [name]Aurelia[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name].

• [name]Charlie[/name]