Arden v. Sullivan

We are expecting our third girl, and my frontrunner names are [name_u]Arden[/name_u] and [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]. (My husband isn’t a huge fan of either but is resigning himself.) We are already parents to daughters [name_u]Ever[/name_u] and [name_u]Wren[/name_u]. I know our style isn’t for everyone, so I hesitate soliciting opinions, but I’d love input on these two choices. I’m pretty sure I’ve considered all names in the world, but if you’ve got one you think is our style, please feel free to suggest it. Thanks so much.

[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] is such a male name to me that I would suggest going with [name_u]Arden[/name_u].

Your daughters’ names are lovely, by the way. :slight_smile:

I don’t really like either for girls. But I feel like I’m less opposed to [name_u]Arden[/name_u], than I am to [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]. [name_u]Arden[/name_u] also goes better with [name_u]Ever[/name_u] and [name_u]Wren[/name_u], imo.

I like [name_u]Arden[/name_u] it’s pretty. Reminds me of [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] which is one of my favorites.

I am not opposed to some names crossing gender lines but [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] is uber masculine to me. [name_u]Ever[/name_u] and [name_u]Wren[/name_u] are much more feminine. [name_u]Arden[/name_u] goes well with [name_u]Wren[/name_u] and [name_u]Ever[/name_u].

I like [name_u]Arden[/name_u]. [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] doesn’t work for a girl, in my opinion.

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] would be the perfect fit. Both your girl’s names are truly unisex, [name_u]Arden[/name_u] has the same vibe, [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u], besides thinking of Monsters Inc., is absolutely a boys’ name to me and would feel out of place in your set.

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] is gorgeous and works well with your set.

Personally I wouldn’t choose [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] because it’s a surname in my family and I have trouble seeing it as a first name.

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] is really pretty! I love how it fits with [name_u]Ever[/name_u] and [name_u]Wren[/name_u]. I agree with previous comments that while your girls’ names are [name_u]Arden[/name_u] are unisex, [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] is a masculine name and doesn’t fit very well.

I love [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u], but not on a girl. [name_u]Arden[/name_u] is definitely more feminine. Plus, it goes better with your sibset. [name_u]Ever[/name_u], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], and [name_u]Arden[/name_u]…

I like [name_u]Arden[/name_u] more but it sounds similar to [name_u]Wren[/name_u], the ending.
What about [name_f]Audra[/name_f]?

Not a fan of either, but [name_u]Arden[/name_u] is far better, especially with your other girls.

[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] screams boy to me, but that in itself doesn’t matter if you like it for your child. However, [name_u]Arden[/name_u] is SO PERFECT with [name_u]Ever[/name_u] and [name_u]Wren[/name_u] that I don’t see how you can consider anything else. Go for [name_u]Arden[/name_u]! It’s lovely.

From your list I’d choose [name_u]Arden[/name_u]. However it sounds too close to [name_u]Wren[/name_u].

Consider:

[name_u]Ever[/name_u], [name_u]Wren[/name_u] and [name_f]Aria[/name_f]
[name_u]Ever[/name_u], [name_u]Wren[/name_u] and [name_f]Melody[/name_f]
[name_u]Ever[/name_u], [name_u]Wren[/name_u] and [name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_u]Ever[/name_u], [name_u]Wren[/name_u] and [name_f]Tove[/name_f] (Toe- vah)

Warmest congratulations!

[name_u]Ever[/name_u], [name_u]Wren[/name_u] {and} another strong four-letter word name {i.e. [name_f]Jade[/name_f]}?

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] is beautiful. [name_u]Love[/name_u] it! And I think it flows well with your other girls.
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] is much more of a boy’s name to me.

I like both [name_u]Arden[/name_u] and [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u], but with your sibset, [name_u]Arden[/name_u] is the winner. The I in [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] makes it look visually jarring beside [name_u]Ever[/name_u] and [name_u]Wren[/name_u].

You’ve probably already considered it, but [name_u]Sutton[/name_u] might also be a good fit for you.

I think [name_u]Arden[/name_u] works with the nature theme better, although I fear it may sound too close to [name_u]Wren[/name_u]?

[name_u]Ever[/name_u], [name_u]Wren[/name_u] and [name_u]Arden[/name_u] is fantastic! I think you’ve found it :slight_smile: