Are there any boys' names that bug you?

Are there any names that you hear so much in your area that you get irritated by the name now?

[name]Lucas[/name] has always bugged me. [name]Lucas[/name] is Mucas. I don’t understand why that name is popular.

I could go on a break from [name]Noah[/name], and maybe [name]Jack[/name]. They are both cute, but a little over done.

Names that are sooo overdone here:

[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Aiden[/name] (and all names born from Adien: [name]Jaiden[/name], [name]Brayden[/name], [name]Hayden[/name], [name]Caiden[/name], etc)
[name]Camden[/name]
[name]Brandon[/name]

I’m tired of all the Jacks and Jakes (Jacobs)

Although I still like [name]Aidan[/name] (consider it too bad it got so popular), I have never liked the -ayden names like [name]Jayden[/name], [name]Brayden[/name], etc. I hear new ones that sound made-up to me all the time, but can’t think of them all to list here now.

[name]Danal[/name] - ditto! Anything that rhymes with [name]Aiden[/name] pretty much. Which is sad, because I still actually love [name]Aiden[/name], but it’s ruined.

I’m getting sick of [name]Brad/name.

I wasn’t sure if I wanted to post here because I didn’t want to be hated.

Honestly I don’t care for soft sounding boys names. [name]Caleb[/name] is just an example. My sister almost named her son [name]Caleb[/name] and I convinced her that I couldn’t see on a boy past the age of 10. I just couldn’t see [name]Caleb[/name] as a man. She chose the name [name]Ethan[/name]. I love the name but didn’t know it would be so popular. Her back up was [name]Nathaniel[/name] but unfortunately we had a cousin whose ex shared this name and she was wary of using it.

Yes, the whole [name]Aiden[/name], [name]Brayden[/name], [name]Kaden[/name], [name]Hayden[/name] this is old. I like the name [name]Hayden[/name] too.
[name]Michael[/name] is a name I really like and all though it’s popular you don’t hear [name]Michael[/name], Richael, Bichael and Hychael. Well you get the idea.

[name]Logan[/name] - blah - just never cared for it.

[name]Landon[/name]
[name]Aaron[/name]
[name]Baron[/name]
[name]Colt[/name]
[name]Cody[/name]!
[name]Caden[/name]

[name]Jake[/name]/[name]Jacob[/name]
[name]Aiden[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name] (though I like [name]Luke[/name])

[name]Aidan[/name] bugs me because people had to go and butcher it. I still like the name [name]Aidan[/name] but I would never use it.

[name]Jack[/name] kind of bugs me. I grew up when everyone was [name]John[/name]. Lots and lots of them. I blame the movies, every other protagonist was suddenly [name]Jack[/name]. I had a very old relative named [name]Jack[/name] and a younger boy up the street was called [name]Jackie[/name] when I was growing up, and it took me ages to understand their names were both [name]John[/name]. But [name]Jack[/name], where people name their son [name]Jack[/name] or [name]John[/name] but call him [name]Jack[/name], or something like [name]Jackson[/name] because [name]Jack[/name] in itself is not substantial enough, and they don’t even like [name]John[/name]! - I don’t dislike [name]Jack[/name], but there aren’t any more Johns. I think this is why there’s no more Jonathans either - can’t deliberately shorten it to [name]Jack[/name].

[name]Oscar[/name] - I don’t hear this one a lot, but it represents a category of hipster names that just aren’t cute by way of spiting everything that is beautiful about names in favor of being oh-so-quirky. I know we are all different and have different tastes, but I guess it bugs me most that I cannot wrap my head around someone sitting down and thinking “this feels right, this is the ONE.” It bugs me that I can’t figure it out, a personal failure for me.

I have to add ‘[name]Noah[/name]’ to my list. I live adjacent to a daycare program and by all accounts, he’s the worst one they have. When all the kids are outside, the teachers call his name constantly! I never hear any other of the children’s names at all. I hear a lot of adult voices, but mostly it’s the one teacher with the shrill voice whose sound carries most over the courtyard. I dislike everything she says, the way she says it, or when she tries to sing. If she talked to me like that all day, I think I’d probably put up with it about as well as [name]Noah[/name] does.

[name]Cletus[/name]. I know it’s never used or mentioned, but it bugs me. I think about [name]Cletus[/name] every single time I see this thread, and am hoping that by writing this out, I’ll be able get [name]Cletus[/name] out of my system. :slight_smile:

I am tired of all the aden rhymes plus [name]Brady[/name]. Very tired of [name]Ryan[/name] and [name]Evan[/name].

i know over 10 brandons!
& i dislike jacob, all the ‘den’ names, mason
also hate all of those dog names