Are there any Uneek names that you like?

Are there any names that you like that are spelled differently , or are a little out there? For me, it’s [name]Wynter[/name]. [name]How[/name] about you ?

My taste is almost exclusively classic, but I absolutely adore a few word names like [name]Story[/name], [name]Summer[/name], [name]Zion[/name], and [name]Cameo[/name].

My new favorite is Meigs! I only know one person named that…that’s how I heard of it…it’s actually the last name of a famous author!

I like [name]Gryffin[/name], for Gryffindor. I’ve seen it spelled this way so many times now that I just really prefer it to [name]Griffin[/name] in general.

I prefer [name]Alys[/name] to [name]Alice[/name]. But I think it’s a traditional spelling, just not common.

I prefer [name]Esmay[/name] to [name]Esme[/name] and [name]Maybelle[/name] to [name]Mabel[/name]. [name]Both[/name] of those ARE legitimate spellings…but they definitely have a touch of the yooneek about them. For me, this has a lot to do with the fact that my own name is commonly mispronounced and it’s a pain. So, for my kid’s names, I generally prefer phonetic spellings.

[name]Lynsey[/name] over [name]Lindsey[/name]/[name]Lindsay[/name]
[name]Emmaleigh[/name] over [name]Emily[/name]
[name]Averie[/name] over [name]Avery[/name]

Interesting question…

The big one for me is -leighs don’t bother me like they do some people. I prefer [name]Kaleigh[/name] to [name]Kaylee[/name] by far.