Are these names too close for a sibset?

[name_f]Portia[/name_f] and [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f].

Edited for privacy.

I don’t think so at all, they just start with a P but the name itself is vastly different.

They share initials, end in “a” and have pronounced “s” sounds so they’re too similar for siblings in my opinion.

I don’t think so.

I don’t think they are too close at all. They may have some similarities but they are still very different names. They don’t rhyme, and when they are spoken out loud you wouldn’t mistake hearing one name for the other. They are really cute for sisters, [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

Much too close. Sorry. Same first letter and both have an -a ending.

Too close for my own comfort, but I wouldn’t think it was ridiculous if I met sisters [name_f]Portia[/name_f] and [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f]. They both start with a P and end with an A, but the rest sound totally different and they’re not the same number of syllables. The S sound is a “sh” in [name_f]Portia[/name_f] and a “ss” in [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] which aren’t the same to me.

I love [name_f]Portia[/name_f]- and the character- by the way, and would love to meet one!

No, not at all.

I don’t think so. They’d be closer if you used the actual “full” name, [name_f]Prisca[/name_f] (of which [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] is the diminutive).

If we were checking off boxes on paper, then yes, they would be too similar - they both begin with P, end with A, share R and S/SH sounds. However, when they’re actually next to each other, I think they sound wonderful, and complement each other well. I wouldn’t bat an eye if I met sisters with these names.