Are these names too similar?

I currently have a son named [name]Hudson[/name] and we are having a difficult time with naming his brother that is on his way in a few weeks. Right now the top two choices are probably [name]Holden[/name] and [name]Brooks[/name], but I’m worried [name]Holden[/name] is too similar to [name]Hudson[/name] and [name]Brooks[/name] may be difficult for people to comprehend as a boys name since its so similar to [name]Brooke[/name] (a popular girls name). Here are others we have on our short list, but I would love any thoughts on the top two names [name]Holden[/name] and [name]Brooks[/name]. [name]Just[/name] looking to calm the worry some:) Our last name is Blakemore if that helps.

[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Brooks[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Cohen[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Brantley[/name]

Thanks

I immediately liked [name]Brooks[/name] for [name]Hudson[/name]'s brother. If your last name sounds good with it!

I think [name]Hudson[/name] and [name]Holden[/name] are a little too similar since they start with H, end in N, have a D in the middle and are two syllables. [name]Brooks[/name] is ok, I don’t think the similarity to [name]Brooke[/name] is confusing but imo [name]Brooks[/name] Blakemore is a little too matchy with the B, K, R and O sounds. My favorites from your list are [name]Cole[/name] and [name]Asher[/name]. Very handsome!

whoops, i skipped over your last name. I would now probably say [name]Asher[/name] or [name]Cole[/name]. Another suggestions, [name]Harrison[/name]? Good luck!

[name]Asher[/name] is by far the best choice! Handsome, not at all feminine, classic/not trendy, works with [name]Hudson[/name], and works with your last name. I think every other name on your list fails one or more of these criteria.

I like the name [name]Ashton[/name] with the name [name]Hudson[/name].
It also sounds great with your last name.

Good luck!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Brooks[/name]. I don’t see [name]Brooks[/name] as feminine or too close to [name]Brooke[/name] at all.