are these too similar?

We are expect a baby boy in [name]June[/name] and I am VERY excited, but we are having some trouble deciding on a name. We have a 2 year old daughter named [name]Harper[/name]. I love her name, my mother-in-law doesn’t, but we would like to choose a not-too-common but not-too-unusual name for our son. We are thinking about [name]Asher[/name], but I am concerned that [name]Harper[/name] and [name]Asher[/name] are too similar. I imagine that he would end up being called “[name]Ash[/name]” a lot of the time, but saying [name]Harper[/name] and [name]Asher[/name] together bothers me a little bit.

I would love some advice! Our second choice is [name]Ezra[/name]. I like the name, but we have two good friends who have used it and I don’t like it as much as [name]Asher[/name]. Thanks so much!
[name]Erica[/name]

I think the -er endings on both names is a bit much.

Hoe about [name]Harper[/name] and [name]Ashton[/name]?

I don’t think they are too similiar. The two together don’t bother me at all. Only problem:Is it clear which one is the boy and which is the girl?

Ditto!

Ditto. I love [name]Harper[/name] and [name]Asher[/name] is great too but in my opinion they are a wee bit too matchy. Also agree that they both feel unisex which could be a good or bad thing. Some other suggestions:

[name]Abbott[/name]
[name]Abel[/name]
[name]Acton[/name]
[name]Axel[/name]
[name]Alec[/name]
[name]Alfred[/name]
[name]Amos[/name]
[name]Anders[/name]
[name]Angus[/name]
[name]Anselm[/name]
[name]Archie[/name]
[name]Arnold[/name]
[name]Arrow[/name]
[name]Asmund[/name]
[name]Atlas[/name]
[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Austin[/name]

[name]Ezekiel[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Jethro[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Reuben[/name]
[name]Samson[/name]
[name]Tobiah[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] this was helpful:) Good [name]Luck[/name]!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

too similar.

I would go with [name]Ashton[/name] to avoid the ‘er’ problem. [name]Ashton[/name] is just as handsome as [name]Asher[/name].