Are these two names too matchy?

I have a bit of a dilemma. It seems when I find a name my husband and I both love it takes out another beautiful name we equally love. Since we want to have more than one child, this is a problem!

For instance, I really love the name [name]Helena[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]. But aren’t they too matchy? both ending in A? I also love [name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Xanthe[/name] but those are too matchy as well, ending in the same ee sound.

But taking one from each group is also a problem because I don’t know if I think they really sound well together as a sib set. [name]Augusta[/name] and [name]Xanthe[/name]? [name]Helena[/name] and [name]Xanthe[/name]? [name]Xanthe[/name] seems “quirky” where as [name]Helena[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name] sound more classic.

I don’t know, am I just reading too much into this?

Please help!

Oh, we also love [name]Rosemary[/name]- I have no idea where I would fit that in!

Personally I don’t think [name]Helena[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name] are too matchy but it does kind of tie you into an ‘end in a’ theme for future girls, [name]Rosemary[/name] I think is lovely and could work well with either [name]Helena[/name] or [name]Augusta[/name] :slight_smile:

I dont think that [name]Helena[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name] are matchy at all. To me, matchy is like [name]Kylie[/name] and [name]Kaya[/name] or [name]Lily[/name], [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Iris[/name], for example. [name]Helena[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name] start with different letters,don’t rhyme, don’t follow a theme like for names for example (unless you count that they are both state capitals- but i doubt many people would know that- i have a great memory for things of zero importance!), and they are both lovely! I especially like [name]Helena[/name].

[name]Helena[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name] go very nicely together. I don’t think they are too matchy. As an interesting side note and funny connection they both happen to be US State Capitals. [name]Helena[/name] is the capital of [name]Montana[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name] is the capital of [name]Maine[/name]. Kind of a cool connection that most people won’t pick up on unless they’re geography geeks like me :slight_smile: [name]Helena[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name] would be very nice, and I think [name]Augusta[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name] are nice as well. I think [name]Xanthe[/name] and Hermoine are great together, but I wouldn’t pair them with your other names because they are definitely more out there. All great names!

Thanks for the replies :slight_smile:

I am glad to hear most of you don’t think [name]Augusta[/name] and [name]Helena[/name] aren’t too matchy! That IS funny about both of them capitols… I didn’t even think of that!

Of these three which two do you like best for a sibset? [name]Augusta[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], and [name]Helena[/name] ?

Thanks!

[name]Augusta[/name] and [name]Helena[/name] aren’t matchy in the slightest just in terms of sound, but I think the fact that both are state capitols is too matchy. That may be just me, though. Out of the three, I think sisters named [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Helena[/name] would be absolutely gorgeous! :slight_smile: [name]Augusta[/name] is still a little clunky for me.