argh... back to the drawing board >_<

We thought we were set, and then a small conversation led to reconsidering the whole thing… as usual. >_<
We’re an American / Japanese couple, will raise the child mainly in [name]America[/name]. Last name is Feuer (rhymes with ‘foyer’). Here are the western and Japanese names names we’re considering. Onegaishimasu!

Boy:
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Jace[/name]
[name]Jonas[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Raymond[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Joel[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Morris[/name]
[name]James[/name]

[name]Jin[/name]
Rei
[name]Ray[/name]

Girl:
[name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Sabina[/name]
[name]Shelby[/name]
[name]Sienna[/name]
[name]Sela[/name]
[name]Remi[/name]

[name]Reina[/name]
Runa
[name]Rina[/name]
Reika

[quote=“ji”]We thought we were set, and then a small conversation led to reconsidering the whole thing… as usual. >_<
We’re an American / Japanese couple, will raise the child mainly in [name]America[/name]. Last name is Feuer (rhymes with ‘foyer’). Here are the western and Japanese names names we’re considering. Onegaishimasu!

Boy:
[name]Jasper[/name] - love
[name]Jace[/name]
[name]Jonas[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] - love
[name]Raymond[/name] - fascinates me. Nickname [name]Ray[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Charlie[/name] - love as a nn for [name]Charles[/name]
[name]Joel[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] - so cute
[name]Morris[/name]
[name]James[/name] - love

[name]Jin[/name]
Rei - very lovely
[name]Ray[/name] - love

Girl:
[name]Rachel[/name] - love even though it is a bit overused. I would use it myself.
[name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] - love, but it is extremely popular.
[name]Sabina[/name] - I love [name]Sabrina[/name] instead with an “r” in it.
[name]Shelby[/name]
[name]Sienna[/name]
[name]Sela[/name]
[name]Remi[/name]

[name]Reina[/name] - I think this is lovely!
Runa
[name]Rina[/name]
Reika - love this, too.

Boy favorites: [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Milo[/name], [name]Charlie[/name] (as nn for [name]Charles[/name]), [name]James[/name], Rei

Girl favorites: [name]Sophie[/name] (as nn for [name]Sophia[/name]), [name]Sabina[/name], [name]Sela[/name], [name]Reina[/name], [name]Rina[/name]

Good luck!

p.s. I also love [name]Sabine[/name], the French version of [name]Sabina[/name], for a girl :slight_smile:

Boy:
[name]Jasper[/name]: I love [name]Jasper[/name], but I personally don’t care for the repetitive “er” sounds in [name]Jasper[/name] and your last name. :frowning:

[name]Jace[/name]: Not a fan of [name]Jace[/name]. It feels very trendy and “made up”, almost like a nickname of [name]Jason[/name]. Many girls have the trendy [name]Jacelyn[/name] name, and I can only guess that they’re nicknamed “[name]Jace[/name]” or “[name]Jacey[/name].”

[name]Jonas[/name]: I only think of the [name]Jonas[/name] Brothers, the band, and I’m guessing I’m not alone. What about [name]Jonah[/name]?

[name]Sebastian[/name]: I really like [name]Sebastian[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Raymond[/name]: I agree with [name]Susan[/name]; it’s an interesting choice! :slight_smile:

[name]Milo[/name]: I absolutely love [name]Milo[/name], but I’m rethinking this name due to the popularity of [name]Miley[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name] and her name, [name]Miley[/name].

[name]Charlie[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Charlie[/name], but as a nickname for [name]Charles[/name].

[name]Joel[/name]: I’m not a fan of [name]Joel[/name], but I think [name]Joseph[/name] is great.

[name]Miles[/name]: See [name]Milo[/name]

[name]Morris[/name]: I can’t picture this name on anyone under the age of 75, making it too senior citizen for me. :frowning:

[name]James[/name]: I love [name]James[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Jin[/name]: I’d stay away from this, as it sounds like alcohol (gin).
Rei
[name]Ray[/name]: I think this would be a great nickname for [name]Raymond[/name], giving you both an English and a Japanese name in one! :slight_smile:

Girl:
[name]Rachel[/name]: [name]Rachel[/name] feels really overused and dated to me.

[name]Sarah[/name]: I like [name]Sarah[/name]…

[name]Sophie[/name]: I love [name]Sophie[/name], and it’s one of those names that transcends its popularity for me. I prefer it over [name]Sophia[/name]; [name]Sophie[/name] is actually the French version of [name]Sophia[/name], and not a nickname (although it’s used as one). :slight_smile:

[name]Sabina[/name]: I misread this for [name]Sabrina[/name], and I’m guessing I won’t be the only one. I’d personally go with [name]Sabrina[/name].

[name]Shelby[/name]: [name]Shelby[/name] is really dated…

[name]Sienna[/name]: Too trendy for me…

[name]Sela[/name]: I’d be worried about pronunciation issues (people saying “sell-uh” instead of “see-la”)

[name]Remi[/name]: This one’s too trendy for me…

[name]Reina[/name]: I think this is pretty!
Runa
[name]Rina[/name]: I think this lovely…
Reika: I like this one, too…

Of your choices, I pick [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Charles[/name], [name]James[/name], [name]Raymond[/name], [name]Sophie[/name], and [name]Sarah[/name]. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

[name]Jill[/name], do you really think [name]Remi[/name] is trendy?

I know we see it quite a bit on these boards, but trendy in non-nameberry land?

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Erin[/name]! :slight_smile:

Any name ending in “i” is trendy to me, reminding me of [name]Tiffani[/name], [name]Becki[/name], [name]Jenni[/name], [name]Jessi[/name], etc., so I should have specified that I was referring to spelling. I don’t find the [name]Remy[/name] spelling trendy, or your Remielle. :slight_smile: By the same token, I don’t find [name]Romy[/name] trendy, but [name]Romi[/name]? Yeppers. This is just me, though, and my issue associating “i” endings with those trendy spellings from the 80s. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your ideas. We were both really big on [name]Jace[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] for a few months, but then they just lost their momentum for us. I’m going to pour over your comments with my wife when I get home from work later. She absolutely loves nameberry, hahaha.

Leaning toward:

boy [name]James[/name] (nn [name]Jamie[/name]), [name]Charles[/name] (nn [name]Charlie[/name]), [name]Raymond[/name] (nn [name]Ray[/name]), [name]Miles[/name]

girl [name]Rachel[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Reina[/name], Reika

:slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] everyone :] I’m not exactly new, but I’m not always able to log onto nameberry and post. Well, my name is [name]Danielle[/name] and I’m not expecting any little ones anytime soon, but I enjoy playing with names and listing the possibilites ahead of time ;] and wanted to ask [name]Jill[/name]'s opinion on something.

For short, I often spell my nickname (one of them) with an “i” so that it’s [name]Danni[/name]. I never thought it was trendy compared to all the other names ending in “i” ([name]Kelli[/name], [name]Brandi[/name], [name]Mandi[/name], and so on) but wanted to know what you thought since the i’s are a pet peeve :] (I don’t mean to steal your smileys, I just don’t want you to think I’m being mean or rude) I always hated it when people spelled my name [name]Danny[/name] because it always seemed so masculine to me. That’s also why I absolutely hate being called [name]Dan[/name]. I used to hate [name]Danni[/name], too, but I’m getting used to it, although it still kind of makes me cringe :frowning:

BTW I love the names [name]James[/name] and [name]Miles[/name]!

I agree with [name]Jill[/name], but in the case of [name]Danielle[/name] I find it completely different. See, with [name]Danielle[/name], the “i” is already there. Its not substituting to be “different” its just literally chopping off part of the name.

if that makes sense :slight_smile:

Oh, and here’s my thoughts on your names :slight_smile:

Boy:
[name]Jasper[/name] - fun and different, I like it :slight_smile:
[name]Jace[/name] - interesting, but not my style
[name]Jonas[/name] - can’t get past the [name]Jonas[/name] brothers in my head :slight_smile:
[name]Sebastian[/name] - one of my favorites you have listed!
[name]Raymond[/name] - I see the appeal, but I think of the show “Everybody Loves [name]Raymond[/name]” not that thats bad…just an FYI :slight_smile:
[name]Milo[/name] - I can get past the “[name]Miley[/name]” issue, but not [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Otis[/name] :frowning:
[name]Charlie[/name] - sweet
[name]Joel[/name] - not my style
[name]Miles[/name] - bad experience with a [name]Miles[/name] in high school…too biased for an opinion
[name]Morris[/name] - this is 75 years old to me too :frowning:
[name]James[/name] - sweet and classy…I like!

[name]Jin[/name] - ditto to the alcohol
Rei - on the fence with this one
[name]Ray[/name] - works as a nn, maybe to short by itself

Girl:
[name]Rachel[/name] - very 80’s to me
[name]Sarah[/name] - starting to fall into the 80’s category to me, too
[name]Sophie[/name] - I really like this! Refreshing to see [name]Sophie[/name] and NOT [name]Sophia[/name]!
[name]Sabina[/name] - prefer it with the ‘R’, but still sweet
[name]Shelby[/name] - sort of dated to me
[name]Sienna[/name] - soft and pretty!
[name]Sela[/name] - I totally pronounced it wrong…
[name]Remi[/name] - cute! (better with the ‘y’)

[name]Reina[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name], [name]LOVE[/name], [name]LOVE[/name]
Runa - not my style
[name]Rina[/name] - makes me think of [name]Reno[/name] 911
Reika - wasn’t sure of the pronounciation…

My favorites:
Girls- [name]Reina[/name], [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Sabina[/name]
Boys- [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]James[/name]

Last name is Feuer (rhymes with ‘foyer’).

Boy:
[name]Jasper[/name]. I have a hard time with this one… It reminds me of [name]Casper[/name] (the ghost)
[name]Jace[/name] Trendy
[name]Jonas[/name] Brothers
[name]Sebastian[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name]
[name]Raymond[/name] Can’t get past the TV show
[name]Milo[/name] Cute but I do hear [name]Otis[/name] too
[name]Charlie[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] as nn for [name]Charles[/name] (my personal front runner for my babe)
[name]Joel[/name] Cute!
[name]Miles[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] THIS TOO!
[name]Morris[/name] not my style
[name]James[/name] Classic, handsome

[name]Jin[/name] alcohol
Rei tough spelling
[name]Ray[/name] ok

Of the boys I like [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Charles[/name], [name]Miles[/name] and [name]James[/name]!

Girl:
[name]Rachel[/name] not my style
[name]Sarah[/name] I think you have more interesting choices
[name]Sophie[/name] cute but popular!
[name]Sabina[/name] like [name]Sabrina[/name] bette”
[name]Shelby[/name] Very much [name]Steele[/name] Magnolias for me
[name]Sienna[/name] Cute
[name]Sela[/name] not sure about this one
[name]Remi[/name] I like it and have been considering for a girl, but would do Remielle or [name]Remy[/name] so its more grown up.

[name]Reina[/name] I knew a [name]Reina[/name] growing up, I think its sweet and you can get away with something more unusual
Runa not cute [name]IMO[/name]
[name]Rina[/name] ditto
Reika I don’t know what to do with this one either.

For girls my vote goes to [name]Remy[/name],
[name]Sabrina[/name] and [name]Reina[/name].

Ps: thanks [name]Jill[/name] for the [name]Remi[/name] clarification! I thought you were saying [name]Remi[/name] was trendy/popular not that you preferred the Y spelling. Now I am with you!

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Danni[/name]. [name]Rica[/name] explained it perfectly. It’s just a personal thing for me, where I associate “i” endings (in place of “y”) as attempts to be “yooneek.” But like [name]Rica[/name] said, you’re just chopping off part of your name. You’re not a [name]Becki[/name]/Beki. :slight_smile: Granted, [name]Jenni[/name] is just [name]Jennifer[/name] with the ending chopped off, but in [name]Jennifer[/name]'s case, [name]Jenny[/name] is the accepted and traditional spelling, making the [name]Jeni[/name] spelling an attempt at uniqueness in a sea of Jennys, if that makes sense. I don’t see [name]Vivi[/name] (nn for [name]Vivienne[/name]) as being trendy, either, because it’s just the obvious spelling.

With [name]Remi[/name], its authetic spelling is [name]Remy[/name], so to me, its on par with [name]Jenni[/name]/[name]Becki[/name]/[name]Tiffani[/name].

And you didn’t steal my smilies. :slight_smile: Because tone is totally lost in these posts, and I’m trying to give my honest opinion, I use the smilies so people know I come in peace, and that my voice is very kind! I apologize if I offended you in any way!

[name]Erin[/name], I’m sorry if I offended you, too! :slight_smile:

Have a great night, everyone!

No offense taken!

I was just confusing trendiness with popularity. You had already told me you prefer [name]Remy[/name] with a Y!(And you’re not alone!)

Naaahh you didnt’ offend me =] I was just curios what you thought of [name]Danni[/name] lol but rica brought up something i never thought of before: just chopping off half of the name

Argh! the look of Tifani is really bugging me lol

Naaahh you didnt’ offend me =] I was just curios what you thought of [name]Danni[/name] lol but rica brought up something i never thought of before: just chopping off half of the name

Argh! the look of Tifani is really bugging me lol

Naaah you didn’t offend me. I was just curios what you thought of [name]Danni[/name] lol. I never saw it as chopping off half of my name. That’s pretty cool!

Argh! The look of [name]Tiffani[/name] is really annoying for some reason…