Ariel/Arielle? Different pronunciations?

What is the correct pronunciation of [name_u]Ariel[/name_u]/[name_f]Arielle[/name_f]? And which spelling do your prefer?

I pronounce [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] air-ee-L, I prefer this spelling

I pronounce [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] either [name_f]Air[/name_f]-ee-[name_f]ELL[/name_f] or Are-ee-[name_f]ELL[/name_f]. But I’ve heard some people say [name_u]Ariel[/name_u] [name_f]AIR[/name_f]-ee-uhl, like the word arial. I don’t like that pronunciation half as much! I prefer [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] to clarify that I like the accent at the end.
I also like that [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] is clearly feminine, and doesn’t have the [name_m]Little[/name_m] Mermaid thing. But both are pretty names.

I say A-ree-el (A as in apple)

As for spelling, I prefer [name_u]Ariel[/name_u]. It does the job without being overly frilly. It’s the same with names like [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]/le, simply a personal preference. I just think [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] is unnecessary and overly frilly–but if you like that, well then, hey!

[name_f]Arielle[/name_f]: ah-ree-[name_f]EL[/name_f] (the [name_m]French[/name_m] feminine)

[name_u]Ariel[/name_u]: [name_m]AH[/name_m]-ree-'l (the Hebrew masculine)

[name_f]Ariella[/name_f]: ah-ree-[name_f]EL[/name_f]-a/arry-el-a (the English feminine)

I like [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] the best for a girl and [name_u]Ariel[/name_u] for a boy.

I love the name [name_u]Ariel[/name_u], but only on a boy. It’s actually the name of a close family member of mine; we pronounce it similarly to the masculine pronunciation @renrose posted above, but with a rolled ‘r’ (the Spanish way).

I would say [name_m]Ah[/name_m]-ree-el

[name_f]Arielle[/name_f]: air-[name_f]REE[/name_f]-elle
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u]: [name_f]AIR[/name_f]-ee-uhl

I prefer [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] (air-[name_f]REE[/name_f]-ella) to all variations.