Ariel for a boy

My [name_m]BIL[/name_m] is [name_u]Ariel[/name_u] (with the ‘ARE-ee-el’ pronounciation), and I’ve also known several other Ariels (all male). All of them wear it well and haven’t had any issues, but should be noted that I live in Europe.

I quite like [name_u]Ariel[/name_u] for a boy! [name_u]Ari[/name_u] makes a cute nn as others have said. If you think this spelling is too tied to the mermaid, alternatives may be [name_m]Adriel[/name_m] or [name_m]Azriel[/name_m] (I love [name_m]Azriel[/name_m]!)

i’m jewish and know a few male ariels. in israel it’s a pretty common name, and ari is a super cute unisex nickname.
please please please do not change its spelling. people change it to arielle to make it more feminine, that must mean that ariel has some masculine potential left despite the disney princess.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far! I am very attached to [name_u]Ariel[/name_u] because of The [name_f]Tempest[/name_f] by [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m]. I do kinda like [name_m]Azriel[/name_m] as well because it reminds me of [name_m]Lord[/name_m] Asriel from the His Dark Materials series. Pronunciation won’t really help much because it will be a middle name so it will most often just be seen on paper rather than pronounced. His first name already looks kinda of neutral and I’m worried that with the spelling [name_u]Ariel[/name_u] his name will come across as feminine rather than more neutral or masculine.

[name_u]Ariel[/name_u]!
The other spellings are weird and probably made-up.

I prefer Eriel though.