Arlo, Desmond or Willem

My husband and I are expecting our 2nd boy in about 7 weeks and trying to decide on one of these 3 names. Our last name is Lonergan and want to do a first name that’ll flow with that. Plus I wanna do an original name and worry that [name]Desmond[/name] might become trendy. What do you think?

I’m not a fan of [name]Desmond[/name].
[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Willem[/name] and think it sounds great.
But in the end I think [name]Arlo[/name] sounds best…great flow with your last name :slight_smile:

I really adore [name]Willem[/name]. It’s handsome and classic, yet with a lively twist. [name]Desmond[/name] feels heavy and dated to me. [name]Arlo[/name] is unusual and growing on me, but I still would pick [name]Willem[/name] over it!

I think [name]Desmond[/name] is super cool! Also love [name]Willem[/name]. [name]Arlo[/name] is cool, too.

My favorite is [name]Desmond[/name], it’s one of my top names right now (: I also don’t think its going to become very popular.

What is your other son’s name?

i dont think ‘arlo lonergon’ sounds good together, something about the lo-lo running into one another;
desmond is okay i personally dont like it at all, but it aint my baby :slight_smile: nn would likely be dessy, des, etc
i like willem! i have a cousin named william and often ppl ill call him ‘willum’ (willem)

I’m a big [name]Arlo[/name] fan but I love [name]Desmond[/name] with your last name. [name]Willem[/name] is nice as well, but if I had to rank them I’d say [name]Desmond[/name], [name]Arlo[/name], [name]Willem[/name]. I don’t think [name]Desmond[/name] will become too trendy anytime soon.

[name]Arlo[/name] is my favourite with your last name, but if you love [name]Desmond[/name] I would go with that, i cant see it becoming overpopular in the future tho but depends how well it flows with your other sons’ name, good luck:)

[name]Arlo[/name] was my original pick but I always worried about [name]Arlo[/name] Lonergan not sounding right because of lo Lo. I’m happy you think it sounds good. Thanks!

My other son’s name is [name]Macrae[/name] which is irish like [name]Desmond[/name]. [name]Macrae[/name] was such an original name that I wanted to do something like that again. I’ve never met a [name]Desmond[/name] but worried it might be rising in popularity. Thanks for your response!

Ik’ve been worried about the lo-lo issue this whole time. I figured someone else would pick up on it too. Thanks!

[name]Arlo[/name]: I love [name]Arlo[/name] so much, but I’m another one who has a hard time saying it with your last name.

[name]Desmond[/name]: I don’t know any little Desmonds, and I think it’s great with your last name.

[name]Willem[/name]: I really love [name]Willem[/name], too, but think that [name]Desmond[/name] sounds the best with your last name.

Great list! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I love [name]Macrae[/name] Lonergan and if you want an unusual Scottish name what about Aled?

Aled Lonergan

[name]Taran[/name] Lonergan also Scottish

[name]Conall[/name] Lonergan

[name]Douglas[/name] Lonergan

[name]Hamish[/name] Lonergan

I love all of these names and in particular [name]Taran[/name].

I love [name]Desmond[/name] the most. It’s my top name and I am worried about it becoming popular too. I just feel like it’s about to take off, but I might just be paranoid…

I say go [name]Desmond[/name]:wink: