Arlo?????

See the results of this poll: Do you like the name arlo

Respondents: 22 (This poll is closed)

• I love it, would use it on my boy.: 8 (36%)
  • I hate it why would anybody curse their child with this name?: 3 (14%)
  • Its ok.: 1 (5%)
  • I like it but wouldnt use it on my child.: 7 (32%)
  • it will take some getting use to.: 3 (14%)

I think that [name]Arlo[/name] is a great name, and I’m thinking that with [name]Milo[/name]'s popularity, [name]Arlo[/name] may catch on. I’d love to meet a little [name]Arlo[/name]!

Take care! :slight_smile:

My partner & I are TTC and its been our top choice from day dot. Granted, I posted it in a list for people to comment on in the top forum and had a lady say she thought it sounded like someone slurring a name drunk or a pirate :slight_smile:

I know of one who is about 8; I think everyone was pretty shocked by it at first, but of course, having heard it for so long, it seems totally normal to me now. I think its both cute for a little boy and unique for a grown up without being too odd. As PP suggested, names ending in -o seem to have a lot of appeal right now – [name]Milo[/name], [name]Nico[/name], [name]Leo[/name] . . . I like them all!

[name]Arlo[/name] is the son of legendary folk singer [name]Woody[/name] [name]Guthrie[/name].

And folk singer in his own right! [name]Alice[/name]'s Restaurant probably the most famous.

I’m not sure I like [name]Arlo[/name] on real folks. I’ve known about [name]Arlo[/name] [name]Guthrie[/name] most of my life, not like he’s an important influence on me or anything, but the name [name]Arlo[/name] seems almost too significant a choice - in my mind this is one of those “there’s only one [name]Aretha[/name]” kind of names.

It reminds me of the time I was in school, about 6th grade, and I found out [name]Jethro[/name] [name]Tull[/name] was a real person.

I somehow missed watching any [name]Beverly[/name] Hillbillies and I didn’t even know [name]Jethro[/name] was a name. It’s a band - I didn’t know they took the name from a person.

I kind of put [name]Arlo[/name] and [name]Jethro[/name] in the same category - kind of bumpkin sort of name. If that’s what you like go for it. [name]Arlo[/name] is an ok name, I just don’t know what I would feel about the person who had that name. I went to school with an [name]Arno[/name]. Maybe you like [name]Arno[/name]? That just seems doable. [name]Arnold[/name], maybe not yet! But [name]Arno[/name] was very handsome and funny, his name was “different” but not “weird,” if that makes any sense.

For [name]Arlo[/name]: the poll, I voted “it will take some getting used to.” I don’t hate it, I think of [name]Arlo[/name] [name]Guthrie[/name] and I don’t hate him - I like his music/stories a lot. It’s just not a name-name to me, like names people can have. It’s taken already. ??? I don’t know.

[name]Love[/name] the name [name]Arlo[/name]! I wish I saw more of them.

yes very true folk singer in his own right! love woody, arlo and the whole guthrie clan.
woody guthrie has amazing childrens albums. playing in my house lately has been woody guthries ‘songs for mother and child to grow on’
tis great.