Arthur and W middle names

Hello Berries! The hubby and I have been talking names for this little one in my tummy. We are very much leaning towards using DH’s middle name in our sons’s name if it is a boy. That name is [name]Arthur[/name]. We were thinking maybe using that in the first name spot. Then we want name to honor my father or at least my father’s side of the family in the middle. Here are our options there…

My dad’s first name started with T… it or a variation would not work b/c our last name starts with V and DS’s initials would be ATV (I understand these initials are not horrible, but they ate not good either).

Our next option is my fathers middle which is [name]Wyatt[/name]. I really like this option but I need outside opinions. This name was my grandmothers maiden name, my fathers middle, and my older brothers first. But My older brother has been TTC for a while now (with no luck). I think he is planning on using [name]Wyatt[/name] in the middle spot… would it be rude for me to use it?

Our third option is to use a different W name in the middle spot. Many of the men in my fathers side of my family tree have W middle initials (usually [name]William[/name]). [name]William[/name], however, has now been deemed bad luck… so we need to stay away from that name. Any other W name ideas that goes with [name]Arthur[/name]?

Our 4th option is to use my grandfather’s name [name]James[/name]. My hubby and I dont like it as much because it sounds like a filler name. It is a classic with family significance though.

So berries, what do you think is my best option? What would be the best mn for [name]Arthur[/name]? Thank you for your help!

I love [name]Arthur[/name]! Very classic and handsome and I love the [name]King[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] mythology. I think it’s too bad that [name]William[/name] isn’t an option for you as [name]Arthur[/name] [name]William[/name] is gorgeous (it’s also my grandfathers name).

Other W names:

[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Warren[/name] (my favorite)
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Wade[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Wallace[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Wayne[/name] (has a similar feel as [name]Wyatt[/name] [name]IMO[/name])
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Wesley[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]West[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Wild[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Willem[/name] (which is the Dutch variation of [name]William[/name])
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Willis[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Wilson[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Winslow[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Wolcott[/name]

If you really like [name]William[/name] you could also go with [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Liam[/name], which sounds nice.

[name]Hope[/name] I helped!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Wyatt[/name]. Personally, I’d ask my brother how he felt about my using his name and ask if he was planning on using it and if so, would it still bother him, etc.? I think it’s a lovely way to honor many people, including your brother. Heck, I plan on using my older brother’s middle name as a first name if I have a boy someday ([name]John[/name])! :slight_smile:
Best,
[name]Leslie[/name]

Absolutely love [name]Arthur[/name] - Camelot, yo! It’s on my (very) short list as well.

I do think it would be rude to use [name]Wyatt[/name] without asking your brother first (basically what [name]Dancer[/name] said). But if you’re set on the sound, how about [name]Wiley[/name]/[name]Wylie[/name]? It’s similar enough to convey honor, but different enough that [name]Wyatt[/name] is still usable for a relative; and it’s a diminutive of [name]William[/name].