Arthur Wright - arthritis?? :/

Twins due in [name]January[/name], and if they’re boys, [name]Arthur[/name] is one if the names we are loving. However, our surname is [name]Wright[/name]. Does [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Wright[/name] sound too much like arthriris to you? Did you notice it before I brought it up?

If we couldn’t use it as a first, we would as a middle, but I REALLY like it and would love to use it.

Nope didn’t notice at all until you mentioned, and even still it’s a tenuous connection

I think you may be over thinking it to be honest, but I know how it is- I over think everything!
I did not think about it before you said it. I don’t think they sounds alike, but after you mentioning it looking at the names written down I see a bit of arthritis. But that it only because you brought it up, I don’t think anyone would ever think that!
The name is great! [name]Arthur[/name] is a handsome choice, and while it would also be a lovely middle name I think it needs to shine as the first name!

Good luck!

Nah, it works for me. I like the name, actually.

My immediate connection was “authors write” which sounds excellent to me.

But that may just be because I have a fairly strong regional accent, and [name]Arthur[/name] and author are pronounced almost identically here.

I never would have thought of it if you hadn’t said anything.

I don’t hear it. The only time I think it’d be trouble is in class if he gets up to the board. Teacher: “[name]Arthur[/name], write this!” And even then, it’s a chuckle at most. I think it’s a lovely combo.

I think it’s ok. It’s noticeable but not terrible.

Ditto this.

I’d like to offer a somewhat dissenting voice. I wouldn’t worry if this was an issue for a girl, but my DH and father-in-law recently had this whole conversation with me about how boys are way worse/harsher on making fun of their playmates’ names than girls are. I don’t remember name teasing much (at all?) between girls, but apparently boys take a lot of notice on how a name can make fun of someone according to them. I’m not saying it’s a deal killer (esp since I think [name]Arthur[/name] is a great name!!), but whenever this kid does something poorly in gym or group sports he might be taunted with “[name]Arthur[/name]-[name]Wright[/name]-is!” I’m just imagining some really annoying gym classes or recesses in school…

Thankyou everyone! I’ve been really bothered by this one, because I [name]LOVE[/name] the name. Silverr - Yes, I definitely am overthinking it - I overthink everything as well! And swats330 - I know exactly what you mean - I wanted to be really careful, but since most of you didn’t notice, maybe it’s not quite as bad as I thought… :slight_smile:

I agree with swats330!

Haha this is exactly what I thought! I don’t even pronounce it like “author” but I’m a book nerd so maybe that’s it. If the worst I can come up with though is “[name]Author[/name] write” then you’re doing pretty good. I would have never thought of arthritis. [name]Do[/name] kids even know what arthritis is?

Go for it. [name]Love[/name] the name :slight_smile: