Arthur?

I’ve recently discovered that [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] was used 4 times in my family tree, between 2 generations (My grandmother’s uncle and cousin were both [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]'s, and my grandfather and great grandfather were both [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]'s as well). I never really considered it before, because it brings to mind the cartoon. My grandfather never went by [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], because that was his father’s name, but I’m not a fan of [name_m]Gordon[/name_m], and Cawkwell’s a definite no. He passed away when I was 15, and I was considering ways to honour him, such as [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] for a girl (his favourite flower), but I think [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] would be better.

What do you think of [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]? Is it too tied to the aardvark on tv?

What MN’s would you pair up with it? The one combo I found that I liked (My great, great uncle), was [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m], but so far that’s all I have.

Thank you :slight_smile:

I actually really like this name. If we didn’t have a brother-in-law named [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] (goes by [name_m]Art[/name_m]), we’d consider it for this new baby.

I didn’t even know there was a TV character with the name, so I don’t associate it with that at all.

I absolutely love the name [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]! :slight_smile:

is a very fine name and sounds good with most middle names. It has withstood the test of time.

I like [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. I do think of the television show, but it’s not a bad association.

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Desmond[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Julian[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Graeme[/name_m]/[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Byron[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Dominic[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Benedict[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Zachary[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m]

I love [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]! I was exactly the right age for the aardvark books/TV show and I think of [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] first. Also [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_m]Gordon[/name_m]-Levitt’s character in Inception.

One of my favorite celebrity baby names ever is [name_f]Selma[/name_f] [name_u]Blair[/name_u]'s son, [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Saint[/name_m].

I love the name [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]! One of my favorite classics

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] [name_m]Clay[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_m]Grant[/name_m]

Thanks guys! I love these combos:

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Grant[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]

Ooh, I love [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]! I think of [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]/the Arthurian legends, and [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]'s son [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. I wouldn’t have made the connection to the TV aardvark if you hadn’t mentioned it.

I love, love, love [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], but my husband hates it :frowning: . You should definitely use it!! Especially since it would have special meaning for you. I used to read the [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] books when I was little, but I think of [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] before [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] the aardvark, so I wouldn’t worry about that association. I also like [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] for combos.

I adore [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. I think of [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and Arthurian legend long before I think of the cartoon aardvark, and I was a huge fan of the show when I was little.

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is a fantastic name! The cartoon doesn’t even come to mind when I think of the name [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. I do love the Arthurian legends, though!

I’ve recently started to love this name! And if it had family ties like it does for you, I’d def consider it! I think little kids might think of th cartoon [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]…I know my 3 year old does when I mention it ahah But it’s not a big deal. It’s a great classic, manly name! I actually love the double barrell name [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m].